cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

3D Canvas won't load

jlbrenneke
6-Contributor

3D Canvas won't load

In the middle of working on a project, suddenly my 3D canvas will not load. I either get the spinning green wheel or just a white screen. The first time this happened I was able to clear my browser cache and that cleared up the problem. However it's been a few days and its happening again, and clearing the cache has no effect. I can select widgets from the project pane and view their properties, but still see nothing in the canvas area. My 2D canvas works fine. The same thing happens with other projects as well as a newly created project. Any ideas/suggestions? Attached is the error I see in dev tools.

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @jlbrenneke ,

often stop studio and restart it and then refresh the project could help. Or to restart the project window. The question is where the issue occurs- does  the issue occur only in UI, preview or also on mobile device . For the app stability is only important the behavior on the mobile device or eyewear the other modes are for testing and development.

I've started and stopped studio as well as restarted my machine. The issue is only during development, not while running the project in View or during the preview. It makes it pretty difficult to development in 3D space when you can't visualize it.

I did have one time similar behavior but it was because the project was corrupt and I never got it working later. So recreate the project and imported the <view>.json and <view.js> files and then project was working. 

So the question:  is issue reproducible in  this case we can reproduce it and report it to PTC R&D.

IN case that it is not exactly reproducible - what are the actions that it was working again....  if still not work - the only option in this case  I see is to  create a new project and import all components  upload folder data and views .json and views. js 

You can check if there is some issue based on widget extensions, chrome extensions or some features which will disturb the openGl functionality of the graphic board - if this is only a display problem – e.g. in preview mode.

Top Tags