cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

3D images are not visible in vuforia view IOS devices only

RR_9703947
6-Contributor

3D images are not visible in vuforia view IOS devices only

We created a 3d checklist for a procedure where checking particular tickbox the 3d-image will disappear since he/she completed that particular step but issue comes with IOS devices is 3d images are not visible, 3d-image format was jpeg (tried png also) and remaining elements are in svg format which are working fine.

Vuforia studio and vuforia view both are upto date and (Ios device running 14.4 and android device running andriod 11)

Checked on IOS device

- Iphone 7 plus

- Ipad 12inch pro(2020)

- Ipad 2019 10.1 (2019)

- Iphone xr and Iphone 11 pro max

This all device shown images as black (even the visibility is checked or turned on)

Checked on Andriod devices(3d images are visible)

But it took time to load those 3d images

- Samsung Note 9

- Oneplus 8 pro

- redmi note 9 pro max

Why specificly IOS devices are not showing the images are we doing something wrong please try to help us to resolve the issue.

I'm attaching screenrecord of the issue please find the attachment given below

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

so far I see there is a Limit of about 6,5 MB for a image to load (e.g. if you have 20 of them on a page) see here

or https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8254874/image-size-limit-on-ipad

but more relevant seem to be this here:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4975106

where we can read:

The maximum size for decoded GIF, PNG, and TIFF images is 3 megapixels for devices with less than 256 MB RAM and 5 megapixels for devices with greater or equal than 256 MB RAM.That is, ensure that 
width * height ≤ 3 * 1024 * 1024
 for devices with less than 256 MB RAM. Note that the decoded size is far larger than the encoded size of an image.
The maximum decoded image size for JPEG is 32 megapixels using subsampling.JPEG images can be up to 32 megapixels due to subsampling, which allows JPEG images to decode to a size that has one sixteenth the number of pixels. JPEG images larger than 2 megapixels are subsampled—that is, decoded to a reduced size. JPEG subsampling allows the user to view images from the latest digital cameras.
The maximum size for a canvas element is 3 megapixels for devices with less than 256 MB RAM and 5 megapixels for devices with greater or equal than 256 MB RAM.The height and width of a canvas object is 150 x 300 pixels if not specified.
JavaScript execution time is limited to 10 seconds for each top-level entry point.If your script executes for more than 10 seconds, Safari on iOS stops executing the script at a random place in your code, so unintended consequences may result.This limit is imposed because JavaScript execution may cause the main thread to block, so when scripts are running, the user is not able to interact with the webpage.Read “Debugging Web Content on iOS” for how to debug JavaScript on iOS.
                    • The maximum number of documents that can be open at once is eight on iPhone and nine on iPad.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi @RR_9703947 ,

could you provide (attach to the post) , please, a studio project example  to check it more detailed. Such example should be simplified and contains only few widget which are sufficient enough to reproduce the problem

I have for IOS - iPad device.

Hi @RolandRaytchev 

I converted some images into jpeg since the size is over 60MB

Please find the attachment given below

Thanks for sending of the data. Unfortunately it always fails to download - it shows that the data is about 18 MB. but it interrupts  after  20%. Are you able to download  - may be it was not uploaded . I will to ask admin how to upload it- may issue on my side , need to check

But back to the problem. It is correct that there are files for images where the jpg files > 60 Mb - or what is the maximum file size used there? Because this could be issue based on restriction of the IOS (I remember there was something and will to check more detailed( or on the Widget IOS . In this case it should be reproducible if I used an file with similar size

So, the following questions: 

- what is the size of the file where the issue occurs

- if you reduce the size of the file / you can use a filter to make smaller the size - reduce the resolution and to color deep. Could this help in this case?

I was able to download - from remote location ... some issue with my local network... sory. 

Hi @RR_9703947 , 

tested now the issue and was able to reproduce it as you described.

After more detailed check - I think this is problem with the size and IOS pixsel size .  I think you do not really need so large resolution.

for example, the one picture DSC_8470.jpg have resolution 4928x3264px 

Open it with image editor and scaled it down to e.g. 1200 x794 px  (maintain the aspect ratio)

The also scaled the size with the same factor on the Widget to have the same size in the experience. Then the image was shown in the iPad

2021-02-12_15-14-20.jpg

2021-02-12_15-14-04.jpg

so far I see there is a Limit of about 6,5 MB for a image to load (e.g. if you have 20 of them on a page) see here

or https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8254874/image-size-limit-on-ipad

but more relevant seem to be this here:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4975106

where we can read:

The maximum size for decoded GIF, PNG, and TIFF images is 3 megapixels for devices with less than 256 MB RAM and 5 megapixels for devices with greater or equal than 256 MB RAM.That is, ensure that 
width * height ≤ 3 * 1024 * 1024
 for devices with less than 256 MB RAM. Note that the decoded size is far larger than the encoded size of an image.
The maximum decoded image size for JPEG is 32 megapixels using subsampling.JPEG images can be up to 32 megapixels due to subsampling, which allows JPEG images to decode to a size that has one sixteenth the number of pixels. JPEG images larger than 2 megapixels are subsampled—that is, decoded to a reduced size. JPEG subsampling allows the user to view images from the latest digital cameras.
The maximum size for a canvas element is 3 megapixels for devices with less than 256 MB RAM and 5 megapixels for devices with greater or equal than 256 MB RAM.The height and width of a canvas object is 150 x 300 pixels if not specified.
JavaScript execution time is limited to 10 seconds for each top-level entry point.If your script executes for more than 10 seconds, Safari on iOS stops executing the script at a random place in your code, so unintended consequences may result.This limit is imposed because JavaScript execution may cause the main thread to block, so when scripts are running, the user is not able to interact with the webpage.Read “Debugging Web Content on iOS” for how to debug JavaScript on iOS.
                    • The maximum number of documents that can be open at once is eight on iPhone and nine on iPad.

@RolandRaytchev  Hello thanks for the solution. I'll test it out by reducing the pixels or resolution of the image. I tried these images in different format as jpeg or png so I thought it is a format issue. I haven't thought about pixel or resolution will matter in this, since it is deployed through an application. Just for curiosity have you tried or got a chance to see the experience through an android device I wonder how much limit is there for android devices since the images are visible there.

Top Tags