cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

AR compatibility

didelonsebastie
7-Bedrock

AR compatibility

Will Vuforia ever be compatible with anything other than Hololens like quest pro or apple?

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @didelonsebastie ,

the supported devices are mentioned in Studio Help center http://support.ptc.com/help/vuforia/studio/en/#page/Studio_Help_Center%2Fcommon%2FViewDownload.html.

No official known plans about other devices to support  so far I know. Possibly there are some developments in the pipeline but so far I know there are no official announcement for them . 

Regarding to the apple device - Vuforia Studio support all IOS devices like IPad and iPhone. Regarding AR device Vision Pro I think it is to new ... I did ask R&D team and will post here if there is a feedback

Regarding the Vison Pro Device there was PTC Statement :

Messaging for Customers and Partners:

“We are excited to be part of Apple’s Vision Pro announcement. It’s a powerful device that opens new possibilities for businesses and consumers. Apple has suggested an early 2024 release date, so we don’t have announcements or specifics around Vuforia or other PTC product support at this time. We’ll continue exploring support for use cases that are important to our customers and partners, from design reviews to frontline worker support in manufacturing and service settings. We’ll provide more updates closer to the release of Apple Vision Pro"

//=======================

Any news on the support of the Apple Vision Pro as I was hoping for an update before the release?

Support for Vuforia  is expected to come soon. 

The current annoncement  at PTC regarding Apple Vision Pro is this one

https://www.ptc.com/en/blogs/corporate/ptc-launches-onshape-vision-apple-vision-pro

Regarding Vuforia there was one week ago the following statement from PTC product managment /R&D

Vuforia support for the Apple Vision Pro is a priority for PTC and the development of Vuforia-based solutions like Expert Capture is already underway.  
You’ll soon hear more from us. I hope you are as excited as I am for the Apple Vision Pro! 

Top Tags