cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Actual size of the model

RK_9880418
11-Garnet

Actual size of the model

I would like to control the size of the model by using one button. The user may be zoom in or zoom out. When the user click the button, it should make the model to return to Actual size. Also I want to place the 3D model as original model size. How can i make it possible?.

@tmccombie @slalwani 

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @RK_9880418 ,

I think zoom in,  or zoom out is a concept which is not conform with the Augmentation. Because if your object should have the real model size - in this case -  how large or small you model will be displayed, depends only on the distance between the device and the model. OK such functionality could be expected when we use the preview mode , but remember the preview mode is not that what we want to use as end product . The preview mode is intended only for testing and provides functionality which presents only approximately the  project behavior. So that the AR concept is when we want to see better the model we need to go near to the model.

You can for example scale a model – so that from a particular distance the object will appear larger. Simple the model widget attribute scale set to value > 1 or <1 respectively to make it large or smaller. But this could also affect some model offset

May binding the click event to reset of the spatial target would help?

CheerEO 

Marco

(Presales) Senior Technical Consultant @ INNEO Solutions GmbH (Germany)

Yes, this is possible, we can bind e.g. the button click event to the spatial Target reset service

2021-09-30_09-47-22.jpg

but this will reset only the changes which are done using gestures - OK in this case it will work.

But when the shift already exist in the model in this case we cannot reset the shift and when we will scale the model the it will scale also the shift. (picture below)

2021-09-30_09-38-02.jpg

What we can for each specific model calculate a x,y,z movement which could be aplied to the model to move it back  - so that when scaling the model with specific factor it will scale up but will not move

Top Tags