cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Animation of material shape.

Pawel_D.
8-Gravel

Animation of material shape.

Hi everyone!

I am developing an experience, where I have to animate material shape change during manufacturing process. My problem is, that I have to change a model diameters independently in 3 different axes, for example scale it in X by 1.3, Y 1.3 and Z 0.8. For simple animations I am using tween.js libraries in Vuforia Studio, for more complex - Creo Illustrate. Unfortunately in Creo Illustrate there is not such an option to change model diameters, only scale it by some number (like in Vuforia Studio). I've created material animation in Blender, but I found out that Vuforia only supports Creo Illustrate animations and there isn't any option to import Blender animations to Illustrate. 

Maybe someone have a solution for this problem? Maybe there is a way to change model dimensions in time period in Creo Parametric and export it to Creo Illustrate?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

whilst the default scale is uniform ( a single value), you can provide non-uniform scale for a model.

modelitem.scale = "1 2 3" (space separated) 

you could animate the values using javascript or imported data from Blender.

illustrate doesnt support non-uniform animations because they generally dont make sense. 

use them carefully, as they can also lead to strange geometric behaviours if you scale things too far. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

whilst the default scale is uniform ( a single value), you can provide non-uniform scale for a model.

modelitem.scale = "1 2 3" (space separated) 

you could animate the values using javascript or imported data from Blender.

illustrate doesnt support non-uniform animations because they generally dont make sense. 

use them carefully, as they can also lead to strange geometric behaviours if you scale things too far. 

Thank you very much for your help, I didn't know that this is possible to scale a model that way. 

Top Tags