cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Are CSS animations applicable to 3D Images?

Ace_Rothstein
6-Contributor

Are CSS animations applicable to 3D Images?

I got an image as a 2D widget to work using css keyframes animation but it doesn't work with 3D images. I wanted to blink the 3d image as well as create a few different animations. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I"m not sure if you can use CSS animations in 3D, but I have seen an example of animating a 3D image.  If you watch the PTC demo video of the Howden diaphram compressor here, when they get to the service section (about half way through) you can see the instruction panels above the model shrinking and fading out or growing and fading in.  My guess is that this is being done with JS functions rather than CSS, but I"m not certain.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello,

There are some interesting other approaches for animations.

For example, you can do this for the blink effect:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Vuforia-Studio/3D-Image-Blink-in-Experience/m-p/605754

Also, what exactly are those animations that you want?

Best regards,

Stefan.

Hello @tincescu

Thank you for replying. I have incorporated the blinking effect to a 2D image widget and it works fine. I wanted to further try and create animations like fade out or scale out the 3D images when triggered for visible.

For instance, can the similar animation keyframes for the blinking effect be applicable to any 3D image?

I"m not sure if you can use CSS animations in 3D, but I have seen an example of animating a 3D image.  If you watch the PTC demo video of the Howden diaphram compressor here, when they get to the service section (about half way through) you can see the instruction panels above the model shrinking and fading out or growing and fading in.  My guess is that this is being done with JS functions rather than CSS, but I"m not certain.

Hello @AllanThompson ,

That is exactly what I wanted. The similar effect of 3D images in the Howden Experience. Thanks anyways. Much appreciated.

Top Tags