cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Changing Service parameter with buttons

DF_9703795
9-Granite

Changing Service parameter with buttons

Hi everyone,

On Thingworx I created a Service. "Service_Order", which needs one Input to execute. But how do I define this Input in Vuforia?

I would like to change the parameter "Ordertype" of my Service with a button click.

So when I press a button I would like to write "WHITE" into this parameter and by clicking another button I would like to change the text to for example "RED".

DF_9703795_0-1614275374438.png

Additional I only want to execute this service, when clicking on the buttons. At the time the Service is executed, when starting the preview and it ignores that the parameter "Ordertype" is empty. But at Thingworx I enabled the checkbox "required". So it shouldn't execute the Service without an Input, right?

DF_9703795_0-1614277497396.png

Thanks for any kind of help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @DF_9703795 ,

I think the problem you have that it always call you service on start -  is because you selected the - are the 2 selected checkbox on the service configuration. So far I understood your issue , you want to call the service form Vuforia Studio and to send parameter to thingworx.

Using only the UI functionality you can simple link the button click event to the service arrow   and link the value which should be sent t to the service parameters. The value could be a value of label  widget (also it could be blanked)  or application  parameter . Possibly you need to use a filter for the binding  - so you can   convert the value  if other type as string is required for your TWX method. Here in the sample picture above the value of a toggle is linked to the parameter and the serivce is called by the button click event:

2021-02-26_17-24-28.png

Another option is to use a javascript method to call your TWX service (also with JS the service should be added on the External data section). You can use the method triggerDataService() to call service in TXX. Here is example:

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
$scope.testMdl=function () 
{

//console.warn($scope.app.mdl['Car1'].svc['GetMetadata'].data);
  var viewName ='Home'
  var widgetId= 'model-1'
  var target = document.querySelector('[widget-id="' + widgetId + '"]');
  var serviceName='test'
 twx.app.fn._triggerStudioEvent(target, 'app.view["'+viewName+'"].wdg["'+widgetId+'"].svc.'+'play'); 
 $scope.testString("bla="+ 5*global_value++)

twx.app.fn.triggerDataService('Car1','GetPropertyValues',"{data:{\"property\":\"RPM\"}}")
}

In this example we will call the GetPropertyValues service for the Thing 'Car1' and will set one argument  named "property"      - there we  will pass the string "RPM"

Helpful info related to your issue, you can find in the posts:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Vuforia-Studio/How-to-execute-service-based-on-change-in-current-selection/m-p/669826#M8337

and 

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Vuforia-Studio/Displaying-information-based-on-property-value-in-Vuforia/m-p/661852

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @DF_9703795 ,

I think the problem you have that it always call you service on start -  is because you selected the - are the 2 selected checkbox on the service configuration. So far I understood your issue , you want to call the service form Vuforia Studio and to send parameter to thingworx.

Using only the UI functionality you can simple link the button click event to the service arrow   and link the value which should be sent t to the service parameters. The value could be a value of label  widget (also it could be blanked)  or application  parameter . Possibly you need to use a filter for the binding  - so you can   convert the value  if other type as string is required for your TWX method. Here in the sample picture above the value of a toggle is linked to the parameter and the serivce is called by the button click event:

2021-02-26_17-24-28.png

Another option is to use a javascript method to call your TWX service (also with JS the service should be added on the External data section). You can use the method triggerDataService() to call service in TXX. Here is example:

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
$scope.testMdl=function () 
{

//console.warn($scope.app.mdl['Car1'].svc['GetMetadata'].data);
  var viewName ='Home'
  var widgetId= 'model-1'
  var target = document.querySelector('[widget-id="' + widgetId + '"]');
  var serviceName='test'
 twx.app.fn._triggerStudioEvent(target, 'app.view["'+viewName+'"].wdg["'+widgetId+'"].svc.'+'play'); 
 $scope.testString("bla="+ 5*global_value++)

twx.app.fn.triggerDataService('Car1','GetPropertyValues',"{data:{\"property\":\"RPM\"}}")
}

In this example we will call the GetPropertyValues service for the Thing 'Car1' and will set one argument  named "property"      - there we  will pass the string "RPM"

Helpful info related to your issue, you can find in the posts:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Vuforia-Studio/How-to-execute-service-based-on-change-in-current-selection/m-p/669826#M8337

and 

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Vuforia-Studio/Displaying-information-based-on-property-value-in-Vuforia/m-p/661852

Top Tags