cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

'Connection Error' message when scanning a ThingMark

johnh15
3-Visitor

'Connection Error' message when scanning a ThingMark

"Unable to connect to an Experience Server. Check your settings or contact you Administrator."

I am using Vuforia View on a Vuzix M300. I have published the demo app and am trying to run it by scanning the ThingMark, but receive this message. The Vuzix is connected to Wifi, I have set up the Experience Service with the default address in the project and matched it in the View app by scanning the QR Code. When I try to scan the ThingMark in the 'Publishing an AR Experience' help bar on the right side of the screen, I receive this message. I am using a trial of Vuforia Studio. Anyone know how to resolve this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sdidier
17-Peridot
(To:johnh15)

I have attached the screenshot instead displayed it inside my post.

Yes, you have right.

3D eyesware projects are only compatible with Hololens.

So, it is needed to create a new Project specific for your device.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
sdidier
17-Peridot

Hello,

What appends when following these steps ?

1. In a latop connected to the same WIFI network and only on this network. Switch off all other LAN network cards
  2. Try this URL <your trial experience service URL>\ExperienceService\ping. Replace <your trial experience service URL> by the correct address

A second test is using this URL <your trial experience service URL>\ExperienceService.

Do you have a credential dialogbox ?

If the answer is yes, what is the result when entering your logon and password.

Best regards

johnh15
3-Visitor
(To:sdidier)

For /ExperienceService/ping, the result is a "Success" message.

For /ExperienceService, upon entering my ID and password, the result is a Settings panel, but with the message "Oops! You don’t have permission to view Settings." 

Many thanks

sdidier
17-Peridot

Hello,

So, the Experience Service is accessible.

The issue doesn't seem to come from WIFI network.

In Vuforia Studio, in the Home page, what is the icon on your Project ?

In this screenshot, we can see the icon of an 2D eyewear project.

This kind of Project is compatible with Vuzix M300.

Best regards

johnh15
3-Visitor

Yes it would appear so, as when I check today the message has changed from Connection Error to "No experiences found for [thingmark number]". 

I can't see your screenshot, but I think maybe the issue is I'm using a HoloLens project? 

sdidier
17-Peridot

I have attached the screenshot instead displayed it inside my post.

Yes, you have right.

3D eyesware projects are only compatible with Hololens.

So, it is needed to create a new Project specific for your device.

johnh15
3-Visitor

Thanks for your help!

Is there a way to edit a current project to make it into a 2D Eyewear experience, or even to copy all the assets from the 3D project into a 2D project?

sdidier
17-Peridot

You are welcome, it is a pleasure to help.

Sadly, I don't know a solution to edit a Project and switch it to Mobile, 2D or 3D eyeswear.

Today, I don't think a such behavior exist.

The only solution what I have found previoulsy, is to create a new Project.

After that, it is possible to copy assets/ressources in Windows Explorer or in Mac Finder.

In Windows, in the folder %USERPROFILE%\Documents\VuforiaStudio\Projects\<Your project name>\src\phone\resources\Uploaded, files imported in RESOURCES panel in Vuforia Studio are present.

In the folder %USERPROFILE%\Documents\VuforiaStudio\Projects\<Your project name>\src\phone\components\ .js files are the java script source code added in home.js for each Views in the Project in Vuforia Studio.

Java script code needs to be modify manually between Project Types because, some features are specific to hardware.

It is possible to copy and paste javascript code who can be ported.

In the same folder, .json files are the data about the Views in Vuforia Studio.

So, it is widgets and other items added manually in UI.

I don't recommand to modify the .json files manually to port a Project in another Project Types.

Because some items are not supported between Projects Types.

Here, the best is to recreate widgets and other items manually in Vuforia Studio by editing the Project.

johnh15
3-Visitor

Ah I see. I've managed to port some of the 2D interface and resources, but I'm realising now that there seems to be a limitation on running true 3D AR on vuzix eyewear, at least through Studio. I may have to look at modifying the .json files myself, but I think it might be fruitless as the limitation seems to be in the View app also.

Top Tags