cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Controlling Model Item Opacity Using Toggle Button

akanoo
6-Contributor

I want to decrease the opacity of a model item by half on clicking a toggle button. I am attaching screenshots of my approach to doing it. 

I am unable to do it.

Kindly tell me where I am going wrong. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

you can use this script to change the opacity of your model.

$scope.opp=function(val) {
switch(val) {
case 1:
$scope.view.wdg['model-1'].opacity= 0;
break;
case 2:
$scope.view.wdg['model-1'].opacity= 1;
break;
}

};

you can call

opp(1); into key pressend of toggle button     

and

opp(0); into key unpressed of toggle button.

opacity.JPG

bye

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

you can use this script to change the opacity of your model.

$scope.opp=function(val) {
switch(val) {
case 1:
$scope.view.wdg['model-1'].opacity= 0;
break;
case 2:
$scope.view.wdg['model-1'].opacity= 1;
break;
}

};

you can call

opp(1); into key pressend of toggle button     

and

opp(0); into key unpressed of toggle button.

opacity.JPG

bye

Giuseppe

akanoo
6-Contributor
(To:Giuseppe_Fiore)

Worked like a charm!!

Thankxx Giuseppe

How can we do it when the model has a sequence?  

@lumasiero is working on something that has a sequence and he needs to keep the parts transparent as the animation moves fwd.

I would suggest setting the transparency in the Illustrate sequence.  You could create a model item and set transparency in Studio at the appropriate time, but it seems like the Illustrate settings override what you do in Studio.  See here for a thread on this: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Studio/Modelitem-visibility-issue/m-p/568469

I found a solution to this. I think that it should be seen as just a workaround because it requires coding, would be great to have this done coding free because opacity is crucial to AR applications in my point of view.

Steps of the solution:

If you've created a sequence at Illustrate and want to have the components of all steps transparent.

1- Split the model in modelItems: I can imagine tricks to have this done. one of those is: There are buttons with eye icons In the top of 3D view that hides components. it would help you during mappings of complex assemblies by modelItems. 

s1.jpg

2- Uncheck the Visible attribute of all modelItems ( before you do this, you can preview your sequence and figure out why this is necessary )

s2.jpg

3- Create an Application Parameter called Step and link the output of Current Step attribute from Model to the new parameter' input.
s3.jpg

4- At Home.js, write a code like this:

$scope.opp=function() { //opp is the function name
  val=$scope.app.params.step; //val get the value of the parameter STEP
//every time that this functions was called, the val contains the current step number.
if(val==1) //If the function was called during the step 1, Change the visible to true and opacity to 0.5 for all model-items of the step 1 { $scope.view.wdg['modelItem-7']['visible'] = 1; $scope.view.wdg['modelItem-8']['visible'] = 1; $scope.view.wdg['modelItem-9']['visible'] = 1; $scope.view.wdg['modelItem-7']['opacity'] = 0.5; $scope.view.wdg['modelItem-9']['opacity'] = 0.5; $scope.view.wdg['modelItem-8']['opacity'] = 0.5; } else if(val==2) { $scope.view.wdg['modelItem-1']['visible'] = 1; $sc
[...]

5- In my AR experience, I set a button to play the steps of the sequence, I called the function opp() in the click of the button.

s5.jpgs5.jpg

Done.

PS: at the Creo illustrate, never set the visibility of a component to start at time=0% of the step. it causes a bug and the component was invisible forever in the Vuforia View if you were following my steps.

Top Tags