cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Controlling Model Item Opacity Using Toggle Button

akanoo
6-Contributor

I want to decrease the opacity of a model item by half on clicking a toggle button. I am attaching screenshots of my approach to doing it. 

I am unable to do it.

Kindly tell me where I am going wrong. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

you can use this script to change the opacity of your model.

$scope.opp=function(val) {
switch(val) {
case 1:
$scope.view.wdg['model-1'].opacity= 0;
break;
case 2:
$scope.view.wdg['model-1'].opacity= 1;
break;
}

};

you can call

opp(1); into key pressend of toggle button     

and

opp(0); into key unpressed of toggle button.

opacity.JPG

bye

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

you can use this script to change the opacity of your model.

$scope.opp=function(val) {
switch(val) {
case 1:
$scope.view.wdg['model-1'].opacity= 0;
break;
case 2:
$scope.view.wdg['model-1'].opacity= 1;
break;
}

};

you can call

opp(1); into key pressend of toggle button     

and

opp(0); into key unpressed of toggle button.

opacity.JPG

bye

Giuseppe

akanoo
6-Contributor
(To:Giuseppe_Fiore)

Worked like a charm!!

Thankxx Giuseppe

How can we do it when the model has a sequence?  

@lumasiero is working on something that has a sequence and he needs to keep the parts transparent as the animation moves fwd.

I would suggest setting the transparency in the Illustrate sequence.  You could create a model item and set transparency in Studio at the appropriate time, but it seems like the Illustrate settings override what you do in Studio.  See here for a thread on this: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Studio/Modelitem-visibility-issue/m-p/568469

I found a solution to this. I think that it should be seen as just a workaround because it requires coding, would be great to have this done coding free because opacity is crucial to AR applications in my point of view.

Steps of the solution:

If you've created a sequence at Illustrate and want to have the components of all steps transparent.

1- Split the model in modelItems: I can imagine tricks to have this done. one of those is: There are buttons with eye icons In the top of 3D view that hides components. it would help you during mappings of complex assemblies by modelItems. 

s1.jpg

2- Uncheck the Visible attribute of all modelItems ( before you do this, you can preview your sequence and figure out why this is necessary )

s2.jpg

3- Create an Application Parameter called Step and link the output of Current Step attribute from Model to the new parameter' input.
s3.jpg

4- At Home.js, write a code like this:

$scope.opp=function() { //opp is the function name
  val=$scope.app.params.step; //val get the value of the parameter STEP
//every time that this functions was called, the val contains the current step number.
if(val==1) //If the function was called during the step 1, Change the visible to true and opacity to 0.5 for all model-items of the step 1 { $scope.view.wdg['modelItem-7']['visible'] = 1; $scope.view.wdg['modelItem-8']['visible'] = 1; $scope.view.wdg['modelItem-9']['visible'] = 1; $scope.view.wdg['modelItem-7']['opacity'] = 0.5; $scope.view.wdg['modelItem-9']['opacity'] = 0.5; $scope.view.wdg['modelItem-8']['opacity'] = 0.5; } else if(val==2) { $scope.view.wdg['modelItem-1']['visible'] = 1; $sc
[...]

5- In my AR experience, I set a button to play the steps of the sequence, I called the function opp() in the click of the button.

s5.jpgs5.jpg

Done.

PS: at the Creo illustrate, never set the visibility of a component to start at time=0% of the step. it causes a bug and the component was invisible forever in the Vuforia View if you were following my steps.

Top Tags