cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Creo Illustrate necessary to create animations for Studio?

lkuhnert
1-Newbie

Creo Illustrate necessary to create animations for Studio?

Hey @ all,

I am new to Thingworx Studio and I am not perfectly familiar with the overall business field, as I come from another area. Probably this question has been answered before, if yes, my apologies.

All documentation I have seen more or less pointed towards Creo Illustrate to build sequences/animations to import to Thingworx Studio. I am wondering if you have to use this PTC software or if you could use another 3D Software (such as Maya. Cinema 4D) to create the animation that can than be uploaded to Studio. As I tried uploading an animation, built in Maya, it was only seen as a resource, not as a sequence. Further, the animation did also not run in preview mode.

If it does work, could someone point me towards a documentation or a how-to/guide? If not, why? And would there be "walk-arounds"?

Thanks in advance,

Lars

1 REPLY 1

Did you manage to sort anything out for this? I am also experiencing this problem, I'd rather not use Creo illustrate as I'm familiar with Maya, and even though you can export the animation, it can't be used as a sequence, any information would be greatly appreciated! 

Top Tags