cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Custom Widgets Guide

AS_10340651
12-Amethyst

Custom Widgets Guide

Hello,

do we have a workshop or a guide for "how to create advanced widgets"? Because creating simple widgets is very easy.

I've created already some custom widgets for my company, so i have experiences with that, but now i'm running in an uknown issue. I'm trying to change the bahavior of the existent BarCodeSannner. I want to be able to scan continuously until the user presses the "cancel"-button. For this i copied all needed files, renamed the needed parts so that now we have the original "scan"-widget and the copied "scan2". At the widget "scan2" i've deleted the part where the scanner stops after a successful scan. But it seems that it is failing at the initializing part. i have checked everything and followed the same steps as i did at my other widgets but it doesnt work. this why i need an advanced guide but i cant find anything.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sorry I must of pasted wrong URL 

https://www.brainshark.com/ptc/vu?pi=zGZz7CQQ9zBRxnz0

If you could provide more info - I know that there are times when the extension will not load - look into your studio logs. If you wish to share I could take a look

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Did you use an existing extension as your start point? If yes

Check out this video that explores how to create an extension which allows you to get a feel for how the extensions are created - you maybe need help beyond this but if you can follow the content let me know

https://www.brainshark.com/1/content/en/portal/details/99743000?tsv=1

Yes, i made already extensions from existing widgets and it always works. I made also some widgets from scratch. I just think i miss some advanced knowledge and hope someone can help me.

For the video I have no rights to see. Is it possible to view it without registration?

Sorry I must of pasted wrong URL 

https://www.brainshark.com/ptc/vu?pi=zGZz7CQQ9zBRxnz0

If you could provide more info - I know that there are times when the extension will not load - look into your studio logs. If you wish to share I could take a look

First of all thanks alot for that videos. Even i knew the most of it i learned something new. And now i fixed my Scanner widget.

I'm able to start a BarCodeScanner that will scan continiously. The only issue is, that it works only at the preview as indended. The scanner will catch any input continiously until i press the "x"-Button.

In runtime in iOS it catches only first value and even the scanner is still running, it refuse to catch any value after the first one.

For that I just removed the "scope.stopScan()" at the existing code and hoped that is all i need but it doesn't works.

if (renderer.scanForNextBarCode) {
  renderer.scanForNextBarCode(
    (scannedValue) => {
      scope.me.scannedValue = scannedValue;
      //scope.stopScan();
      scope.$emit('valueacquired', scannedValue);
    },
    function (e) {
      //Hololens will call this error callback if the user manually cancels the scan
      scope.stopScan();
      console.log('scanForNextBarCode was manually cancelled or had an error', e);
    }
  );
}

Anyway i accept that as a solution, because this guide is all i wanted.

Are there more of these Vuforia Studio coding tutorials available?

At best, with the code examples mentioned in the video.

It's hard to find more resources like this.

Announcements
Top Tags