cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Data Matrix Scanning Alternative in Vuforia

SS_9757450
2-Guest

Data Matrix Scanning Alternative in Vuforia

Good day everyone,

Want to ask you guys if anyone here have use Vuforia Studio and Hololens II for manufacturing industries? I'm having difficulties in integrating OCR or Data matrix reader to read data matrix label from img since Vuforia View in Hololens II unable to scan Data Matrix. Appreciate all your suggestion.  

3 REPLIES 3

I haven't tried it, but maybe there's a way you can incorporate this library to read the data matrix codes: https://github.com/zxing-js/library

Hi @SS_9757450 , @ClayHelberg ,

I've tried integrating the library with Vuforia Studio but it only works in Vuforia Studio preview, not in Hololens II.

Link: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Vuforia-Studio/Load-Module-and-Use-Functions/m-p/731439 

I'm still unable to figure it out why it didn't work in Hololens II.

Very appreciate if anyone could help on this. 

Thanks.

As I said, I haven't actually tried it, so I don't know what to recommend, other than trying to use some debugging tools to figure out what is going wrong on the Hololens. I haven't had to do much Hololens-specific debugging, so I'm not sure how that would work, but I'm sure Microsoft has some guides you can track down if you do some googling.

You might be able to get some insight if you try loading your browser preview in Edge--I would expect Edge to be more similar to the Hololens HTML/JS engine than Chrome.

If that fails, there are other data matrix reader libraries out there that you could try instead. If you google "data matrix javascript" you should find some potential alternatives, maybe one of them will work better with Hololens.

Top Tags