cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Default thingmarks on new server not being recognized

KevinT
6-Contributor

Default thingmarks on new server not being recognized

I am in the process of updating all of my projects to a default experience new server. But when I associate any of the 3 default thingmarks to a project and publish, I then scan the thingmark inside of PTC view and get an error saying no experiences found.

I already checked and validated that my project is assigned to the new experience server.

4 REPLIES 4
tmccombie
21-Topaz I
(To:KevinT)

The ThingMarks shown in the 'My ThingMarks' section are specific to your trial Experience Service. If you are transitioning to a new commercial Experience Service, these ThingMarks will not work, as they will point your device to your old trial ES. If you have a Cloud hosted Experience Service, you or your team should have received 100 ThingMarks for each instance (dev & prod). If you are using an On-Premises instance of the Experience Service, please open a support ticket requesting ThingMarks if you have not done so yet.

These ThingMarks should be used with your new server. You can manually enter the ThingMark ID into Studio. The format is <domain ID>:<instance ID>.

KevinT
6-Contributor
(To:tmccombie)

Thank you. What are the steps involved in opening up a support ticket for thingmarks?

tmccombie
21-Topaz I
(To:KevinT)

Go to support.ptc.com, select 'Open a Support Case' and Vuforia Studio as the product. Please be sure to include your On-Premises Experience Service URL, the number of ThingMarks needed, and whether or not you'd like to have your ES registered in the GXI. 

More information on the GXI can be found in Chapter 2 (Plan your deployment) of the Experience Service Deployment Guide here: https://www.ptc.com/support/-/media/907F7AA5CA194DDBB26466D48F608ADE.pdf?sc_lang=en 

I can also open a case on your behalf. Please DM me with the required information if you'd like me to do this. 

KevinT
6-Contributor
(To:tmccombie)

Hey tmccombie sent you a DM 🙂

Top Tags