cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Experience Service private hosting

ppierce
4-Participant

Experience Service private hosting

So, I’m new to vuforia and thingworx and I’m trying to figure out some stuff. 

i have a private hosted thingworx, today I installed the ES application to that server, I can see it’s created es-user; es-application key etc....

I'm running vuforia studio on a dev machine which I’m trying to connect to my ES server, I don’t know how to specify the ES server / thingworx url in studio.

Do I just <public url>.com:80/??

is this the same url to use in Vuforia View?

where do I use the es-user and es-appkey?

Also; I have a partner account but my vuforia portal hasn’t picked that connection up, how do I get them linked? 

Thanks for for the help. 

Paul. 

3 REPLIES 3
tmccombie
21-Topaz I
(To:ppierce)

Hi Paul,

The vuforia portal login is only for trial instances. Sounds like you have an on-prem instance, so the portal login option can be ignored. 

The Experience Service uses port 2019 as a default. If you haven't changed the port during your installation process then your ES URL to enter into Studio would be <ES hostname>:2019. This would be the same for Vuforia View. 

The appkeys are just used for authentication between the ES and TWX - you don't need to do anything with them. 

ppierce
4-Participant
(To:tmccombie)

OK, great. Thanks.

From my ES/ThingWorx server, how to I verify that the ES has started?

ppierce
4-Participant
(To:ppierce)

I found the answer, in the manual (of all places)....

bin\start-es.bat

But now the question is how do I get the ES to Start automatically? Any Ideas @tmccombie 

Top Tags