cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

External data detection

NPEasonChan
6-Contributor

External data detection

Hi,
I am currently trying to add a function to my AR experience, which relates to a tutorial of how to fix a fault.
I have successfully used a button to trigger a function, which will detect the external data whether stays within the acceptable range or not. If it's not, then some warning messages will be generated.
Could I remove the button and the system will detect the external data in real-time?
For example, if the data does not fall within that range, those warning messages will be shown automatically.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello NPEasonChan,

The solution might be :

1. In ThingWorx, in Thing, create a Service to check the range and to determine if a warning should be displayed or not.
  2. In Vuforia Studio, in the Project, in DATA panel, under External Data section, add the Service.
  3. Under Configuration section, check all checkboxes related to refresh to call this Service.
  4. Use the ServiceInvokeComplete Event to check the value reported by the ServiceVuforia_Studio_Thin_Service_properties.png

I did it in a Project one year ago and it has worked.

By the way, we can see that we have more control with Services than in Properties in Vuforia Studio.

• Is it helping you?

Best regards,

Samuel

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello NPEasonChan,

The solution might be :

1. In ThingWorx, in Thing, create a Service to check the range and to determine if a warning should be displayed or not.
  2. In Vuforia Studio, in the Project, in DATA panel, under External Data section, add the Service.
  3. Under Configuration section, check all checkboxes related to refresh to call this Service.
  4. Use the ServiceInvokeComplete Event to check the value reported by the ServiceVuforia_Studio_Thin_Service_properties.png

I did it in a Project one year ago and it has worked.

By the way, we can see that we have more control with Services than in Properties in Vuforia Studio.

• Is it helping you?

Best regards,

Samuel

NPEasonChan
6-Contributor
(To:sdidier)

Sorry for the late reply, as I am busy with another project.
Could I interpret in this way:
The service output should be true/false determined by the input, and the output should be binded to the visibility of the tag/ error message?

Hello,

It is exactly that!

Best regards,

Samuel

NPEasonChan
6-Contributor
(To:sdidier)

I will try it later on. Thank you so much!

Top Tags