cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Find and suggest part name

GF_11544204
4-Participant

Find and suggest part name

I'm trying to create an experience on Vuforia Studio where the user can search for a part name. The value is typed in a text input, when you start typing a drop-down menu opens with the part names that match the requested value. Subsequently the user can choose the value from the displayed menu and upon clicking the text field is completed and the model element is highlighted. Can anyone who has already solved this problem help me? 

1 REPLY 1

Hi @GF_11544204 ,

2points in your post /questions:

I'm trying to create an experience on Vuforia Studio where the user can search for a part name

for the search functionaltiy you can  possibly   use the metadata functionality /requires that models are uploaded with metadata/in Upload folder/ - you can check the Vuforia Studio Help chapter  Incorporate CAD Metadata Into an Experience  in  the PTC Help there is also an example - the chapter Find Parts -which   a tutorial and  exmaple where you search for name and will highlight the parts. 

In your case you need a list should be returned- and that is a second point of your issue. So the list of a Widget /e.g. select or list/ should be adapted automaticaly. For that you need to implement a search which deliever a list /json which contains the list of of the found objects by the search. It should have the same format what is required e.g by the selct widget - so that you could try to update the list and the items into a widget depending on the inputed value... so possibly you can to call that on the input change event "value changed" etc.

I believe that this is something what is often required  so possibly some members of the communty  did already implement that  and hoppefully somebody   could share an example here. Thanks!

Announcements

Top Tags