cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Hololens2 does not get the live data and cannot executed service on kepware industrial connectivity

AR-at-PTT
6-Contributor

Hololens2 does not get the live data and cannot executed service on kepware industrial connectivity

I was do mobile experience on vuforia view for mobile

today, I got hololens2 and i try to adapt previous mobile experience to hololens2 experience

The experience has get data from Yokogawa DCS via kepware opc DA
I ever do this on mobile So

1. I test data can be linked on my thingworx platform 
2. I created experience project on 3D eyewear project
3. I do test on preview mode. after I prepare the data link as usual I do on mobile experience it work well on preview mode
4. But when i upload it to my Hololens 
      -number data not show as usual (Its show as ### instead of number)
      -i do the function that will return control command back to DCS. This work well on preview mode But on the hololens2 it nothing

5. i clear cache of login credential and redo to upload project many times . It does not work
6. In conclusion, Hololens2 eyewear object is came as i designed, but not for value.

I recheck many time with my previous mobile experience project 
Am i missed something?

1 REPLY 1

Hi @AR-at-PTT ,

I have also a HL 2 and in generally it seems to work for Thingworx services and properties. Therefore here the question - is this issue only with data related to the Kepware industrial connectivity  or the observed issue is general problem when you try to access  a Thingworx data and properties?

So far I see you use experience published for authenticated user?

Ok to check “Hey View, clear credentials.” Is good idea to ensure that there is no some mix-up with different log ins

Did you check what is the behavior if you published the experience for public access / just for testing. Ok in this case you require some setting according ( Configuring Public Access to ThingWorx in the Help Center.)

In case that public is working ( on test) and the problem is general issue for TWX services and properties / not only Kapware reated- In this case I will suggest to check the configuration.json on you ES server. If this is a cloud instance ask the Technical Support for assistance / via reporting a case.

So in the configuration.json , please check the realm parameter . By default installation it is set to * but for HoloLens 2 seems that it should be the same as in Thingworx – TWX >8.1 value is ThingWorx

Here info from the Installing and deployment guide for 8.5.14:

Realm

The installer automatically configures the realm used by the Experience Service

so that it is the same as the realm used by the ThingWorx server. These

instructions are included in case you need to configure the realm manually.

The Experience Service can be configured to include a realm in the WWWAuthenticate

header that is included in an authentication challenge sent to a

client. To configure the value that the Experience Service includes in the WWWAuthenticate

header, set the realm parameter to the name of the desired

realm.

By default, the authentication realm used by the Experience Service is: *.

The following are the default authentication realms used by ThingWorx:

• For ThingWorx 8.0 or earlier, the default authentication realm is: *
  • For ThingWorx 8.1 and later, the default authentication realm is: ThingWorx
Top Tags