cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How do I enable the 3-view mode in Vuforia Studio?

ZL_9884170
12-Amethyst

How do I enable the 3-view mode in Vuforia Studio?

Hi All,

I want to use the small model as the model target, and then display the large model(Small model is part of the larger model). Now I want to completely coincide the small model with the corresponding part of the large model, but NOW I can only manually adjust the position of the small model, which is very inaccurate. Can Vuforia Studio open the three-view mode? (Just like 3Dmax can open three views to view the model from three angles).

If Vuforia Studio can't turn on the 3-view mode, how can I accurately align the small model with the large model?

ZL_9884170_1-1635388402431.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

HI @ZL_9884170 ,

I am not sure if I understood the correct requirements in your case but will try to answer so far my understanding of the issue.

I believe that the issue is the following:

- you have a model tree of components in your assembly where you selected a component with a specific deep of path inside the  Top assembly. Int this case you define a modelItem widget the geometry will take the current position , so that we cannot find the relative movement of the component to the Top assembly.

Let say more simple the Top assembly model (with all parts) is located at x,y,z,rx,ry,rz scale = all properties  set to zero  e.g.;

2021-10-28_18-33-36.jpg

We see the top assembly and there is bolt part.  Let say we want to have this bolt as model for the model target. So we have only the bolt part in the second model Widget where we do the model Target definition. 

- So far now is the problem how to align the both models the model part in the second model widget to the Top assembly  in the first model Widget. The goal is that bolt from the bolt part and bolt from the Top assembly will exactly overlap.

On possible way is to use Creo View. Open the Top assembly an check there the properties of the bolt part /as component of the top assembly 

2021-10-28_18-42-28.jpg

So we can see the part properties for x,z,z, rx,ry,rz and scale factor.

Now when the top assembly has the coordinates topX,topY,topZ and topRX,topRY and topRZ and the bolt has coordinates boltX, .... boltRZ  -in this case we can create in the second model a model widget and set the following properties:

x=topX+boltX
y=topY+boltY
z=topZ+boltZ
rx=topRX+boltRX
ry=topRY+boltRY
rz=topRZ+boltRZ

in the example we have topAssembly only with 0 setting of the  x,yz,rx,ry,rz and bolt with movement  y=141708 mm another properties all are 0

In this case we have to set only Y = +0.141708

In case that we have the bolt  with 0 setting of the  x,yz,rx,ry,rz  , then we need to move the Top assembly 

x=topX-boltX
y=topY-boltY
z=topZ-boltZ
rx=topRX-boltRX
ry=topRY-boltRY
rz=topRZ-boltRZ

In this case  we have to set only Y = -0.141708 so that the bolt of the both model widgets will overlap

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

HI @ZL_9884170 ,

I am not sure if I understood the correct requirements in your case but will try to answer so far my understanding of the issue.

I believe that the issue is the following:

- you have a model tree of components in your assembly where you selected a component with a specific deep of path inside the  Top assembly. Int this case you define a modelItem widget the geometry will take the current position , so that we cannot find the relative movement of the component to the Top assembly.

Let say more simple the Top assembly model (with all parts) is located at x,y,z,rx,ry,rz scale = all properties  set to zero  e.g.;

2021-10-28_18-33-36.jpg

We see the top assembly and there is bolt part.  Let say we want to have this bolt as model for the model target. So we have only the bolt part in the second model Widget where we do the model Target definition. 

- So far now is the problem how to align the both models the model part in the second model widget to the Top assembly  in the first model Widget. The goal is that bolt from the bolt part and bolt from the Top assembly will exactly overlap.

On possible way is to use Creo View. Open the Top assembly an check there the properties of the bolt part /as component of the top assembly 

2021-10-28_18-42-28.jpg

So we can see the part properties for x,z,z, rx,ry,rz and scale factor.

Now when the top assembly has the coordinates topX,topY,topZ and topRX,topRY and topRZ and the bolt has coordinates boltX, .... boltRZ  -in this case we can create in the second model a model widget and set the following properties:

x=topX+boltX
y=topY+boltY
z=topZ+boltZ
rx=topRX+boltRX
ry=topRY+boltRY
rz=topRZ+boltRZ

in the example we have topAssembly only with 0 setting of the  x,yz,rx,ry,rz and bolt with movement  y=141708 mm another properties all are 0

In this case we have to set only Y = +0.141708

In case that we have the bolt  with 0 setting of the  x,yz,rx,ry,rz  , then we need to move the Top assembly 

x=topX-boltX
y=topY-boltY
z=topZ-boltZ
rx=topRX-boltRX
ry=topRY-boltRY
rz=topRZ-boltRZ

In this case  we have to set only Y = -0.141708 so that the bolt of the both model widgets will overlap

Top Tags