cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How to get existing thingmarks from one machine to another in Studio?

dreid
1-Newbie

How to get existing thingmarks from one machine to another in Studio?

Hi,

Ive got a user account with PTC, but it is linked to the old Thingmarks and the old experience server - so, if I login to the Portal, I get the old Thingmarks and the wrong experience server. Giri set up an alternative account, but I can't login because the 2nd account is not an email address...just a name and it wants an email address. It doesn't allow me to login to the Portal Login... If I use my original email address, then I get the old ES URL and the old Thingmarks... both of which no longer work.

I've just got a new PC workstation specifically for our development of the Hololens and thingworx studio - but I still can't use it.

Would appreciate it, if Giri or someone else at PTC would sort out the 'access'stuff for my account so I can actually start using it.

Thanks

David

6 REPLIES 6
katte
1-Newbie
(To:dreid)

Hi David, As noted in our previous conversation, please do not use "login to the portal" as it would land you into a different Experience Service (ES).

Without configuring portal login, the user(non-email address) credentials should work. For login with email-id, if you remember the procedure that we've followed to create a new user (with Jeroen's cred) in ThingWorx Platform, please try creating a new user (with username in email-id form), add the user to administrator/developer group and try accessing the Studio/ES.

FYI, the reason behind the behavior is because your company's registration was done twice (one from Jeroen and other from David.reid) and when you configure portal login (with your ptc cred), studio retrieves David.reid's thingmarks and ES. When login with Jeroen's cred, studio retrieves the corresponding ES and thingmarks.

-Giri

dreid
1-Newbie
(To:katte)

Hi Giri,

Yeah, I understand the concept now - but my question stands:

so, if I just use my user-name that we created together - how do I get my Thingmarks into Studio and available for use in the ES?

I don't remember all the steps we did to make an account - but if I did create a new account with the same email address is it not likely that the system will not allow 1 email addres to be coupled to 2 different ES servers... it would get very confused, I think.

I'm happy not to have the portal login option, if I can get the Thingmarks into Studio in another manner.

I tried the user-name and it seems to work OK. so I can continue with that if I can solve the thingmark problem/

regards

David

katte
1-Newbie

To get the ThingMarks of the current ES (that you are working), it would be easy to check with Jeroen and ask him to send the files. The files will be stored in Jeroen's <ThingWorxStudio Home>/ThingMarks folder. This is because, Jeroen is the current owner of that Experience Service.

Or else, if you are aware of Jeroen's cred, (just for ThingMarks) Configure portal login with Jeroen's cred and on validation, the ThingMarks (associated with Jeroen's ES) will appear under 'MyThingMarks' section.

In the meanwhile, I'll try to get both accounts (Jeroen's and yours) point to the same Experience Service, so that things get simple and straight forward. In the process, we might need to wipe off the ES associated with your Credentials. Let me know if that works with you.

-Giri

dreid
1-Newbie

Hi giri,

yes that would be a neat solution. If you need to wipe my account, then that is also OK - and it would simplify  life here a lot.

Thanks for the great support.

David

katte
1-Newbie

Hi David,

Now everything is set for your Experience Service-Portal Login-ThingMarks. If you configure the portal login, you should see the thingmarks and ES url referring to the same one as Jeroen's.

FYI, Restart the Studio application before or after portal login configuration. So, that the app/browser doesn't take the values from history.

dreid
1-Newbie

Hi Giri,

I will try to tomorrow.

Thanks for sorting it out.

regards

David.

Top Tags