cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How to highlight components and play animation

lvargas
9-Granite

How to highlight components and play animation

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if it's possible to do this with Vuforia Studio. I would like to highlight an specific component of my model and be able to play the animation without using buttons. Just like in the images.vuforia.jpg

vuforia2.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Alessio
15-Moonstone
(To:lvargas)

Do you want to play a sequence that was created with Creo Illustrate and that itself performs the highlights you want?

Or you want to highlight  model items and translate them directly in Vuforia Studio without using Creo Illustrate sequences?

In both cases, which is the event on which you want to trigger the overall flow?

- Alessio

lvargas
9-Granite
(To:Alessio)

Hi @Alessio,

I want to play the sequence that was created with Creo Illustrate and that itself perform the selected highlights and I would like to trigger the step that I highlighted.

Regards,

Luis

lvargas
9-Granite

Hi @Alessio,

I want to play the sequence that was created with Creo Illustrate and that itself perform the selected highlights and I would like to trigger the step that I highlighted.

Regards,

Luis

Alessio
15-Moonstone
(To:lvargas)

Luis,

your question has already been answered by Roland in another post.

I would like, however, to add a warning  on your use case: skipping steps might be dangerous because a sequence might assume that previous steps have been played when a subsequent step is played.

For example, step 4 might describe an operation that can harm the operator if step 3 is not performed (e.g. step 3 might tell the operator to disconnect power).

You have to decide where you want to put the logic: in the sequence or in the experience. 

I suggest to put it in the sequence, and create smaller sequences (micro-sequences) that you can play in your experience by switching the sequence within your experience.

-Alessio

lvargas
9-Granite

Hi @Alessio,

Thanks for your response and your recommendations.  

Regards,

Luis

Top Tags