cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How to load 3D model in runtime from Thingworx File Repository

Velkumar
18-Opal

How to load 3D model in runtime from Thingworx File Repository

Hello all,

I have some 3D model files stored in Thingworx Repository. Is it possible to load 3D model dynamically in Runtime ?

Thanks in advance

/VR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @RolandRaytchev 

Thanks for your response. I have mapped 3D model resource location dynamically using Thingworx repository service in External Data. It working fine.

/VR

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Velkumar ,

I think this this could be done possibly by javaScript for small objects /models. For large models   this, may be, will not make a sense.

The problem there is that  you cannot download the object to the download resource folder of the project – at least not possible from the Vuforia studio preview /view app.  Ok , in same cases if the thingworx server has access of the experience service folder – it is theoretical  possible that you can use a service which could start a OS to copy of a file … not sure how the implementation should looks like

You can use the Thingworx service LoadBinary to load a binary file (any file format also CAD file)  from an Thingworx repository to  a javaScript variable and try to set it to the source property  of the model widget. May be this could work. I did not test it actually for models but I think that it could work. I did in the code below download a video file and set it to a video widget and played it afterword’s.  To work it required some test /trial and error/ :

////////////////////Issue with read video from repository
$scope.GetVideoFromTwxRepository = function(path, play) {

$scope.$applyAsync(function() {

$rootScope.$broadcast('app.mdl.CAD-Files-Repository.svc.LoadBinary',
                          {"path":path}
                         );}   ,500 );

console.log("after calling GetVideoFromTwx");

};

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

// register the modelLoad event - when loading of 3d complete
$rootScope.$on('modelLoaded', function()  {
// when load binary event complete
$scope.$root.$on('LoadBinary-complete', function(event, args) { 

console.log("name="+event.name)
// set the loaded video to the sorce of the video widget
var ret_str='data:video/mp4;base64,'+args.data[0].Content;
   $scope.view.wdg['video-1']['videosrc']=ret_str; 
   console.warn($scope.view.wdg['video-1']['videosrc'])
 //now play the video   
     $timeout(function () { $scope.$root.$broadcast('app.view["Home"].wdg["video-1"].svc.play'); }, 500);

});

};

Hi @RolandRaytchev 

Thanks for your response. I have mapped 3D model resource location dynamically using Thingworx repository service in External Data. It working fine.

/VR

Top Tags