cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How to upload Extra Thingmarks provided by PTC to our own premise experience server ?

ranjank
14-Alexandrite

How to upload Extra Thingmarks provided by PTC to our own premise experience server ?

Please share the document of uploading the extra Thingmarks to the experience server.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:ranjank)

ranjank
14-Alexandrite
(To:dupatel)

@RolandRaytchev Thanks for your input on the article shared by @dupatel  but there is one problem is that I don't want to lose my existing experiences present in my 3 default thingmarks.

What I found in JSON is that there is one option of "thingmarkDomain" which means all the extra thingmarks including the default ones are having the same value as per your screenshot.

I tried ur solution but the existing experiences got vanished which were present in 3 default thingmarks.

Could you pls let me know can we put more than one thingmarkDomain value so that we cannot lose any of our existing thingmark experiences with different thingmark domain. 

dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:ranjank)

@ranjank  The default Thingmarks are associated with a particular thing mark domain and are provided with your Studio Trial account. However, since you already have setup On-premise ES so should update the existing ThingMarks and also should publish your existing projects to your own On-premise ES. Then there will be no need to keep old Thingmarks.

In case you still want to keep the old ThingMarks then should not update the new ThingMarks inside Studio application. You can continue using the on-premise new Thingmarks ID directly and scan the ThingMarks using an e-copy or printed version of Thingmarks.

Hello @ranjank ,

here is a feedback from dev team according to the  option of "thingmarkDomain":

1. What feature is driven by the thingmarkDomain property that the user cares about to have support for multiple?   >>>>The short answer is no, the thingmarkDomain property does not support multiple values. But, its not used for much after the user has finished the initial setup of studio with the sample projects.
  2. for production usage, where a larger number of ThingMarks is needed, we expect the user would normally enter this value manually, and scan some other image/reference, rather than manually populate Studio.

With  other words you do not need to set or change this property and you can add manually thingmarks belonging to different domains  in   the json setup file ( ...Documents\VuforaStudio\builder-settings.json your local ) for yours Vuforia Studio installation)

Top Tags