cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

How to use the hardware Up and Down Volume buttons in an iPad (OS13) as Prev and Next buttons

arnoldclark
4-Participant

How to use the hardware Up and Down Volume buttons in an iPad (OS13) as Prev and Next buttons

How to use the hardware Up and Down Volume buttons in an iPad (OS13) as Prev and Next buttons using JS or AngularJS only?

Any ideas welcome!

Note: users wear gloves all the time so removing gloves just to click the UI Next/Prev buttons on the screen defeats the purpose or if the use their globes they damage the screen (HoloLens are not affordable yet 😞 )

Snap1.png

Snap2.png

  

2 REPLIES 2

Hello Arnold Clark,

It is a good idea to solve the issue with gloves.

But from a technical point of view, HTML 5 doesn't have access to a low level of hardware like that.

It is possible to do that by developping an application from scratch in xcode.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33719343/accessing-android-iphone-volume-buttons-with-html5-app

A possible solution might be an improvement in Vuforia View and Vuforia Studio to detect these buttons like Events.

Best regards,

Samuel 

arnoldclark
4-Participant
(To:sdidier)

Hello  sdidier,

Thank you for the input. Yes, it seems that accessing hardware would require a more drastic approach (e.g., programming from scratch). I found out that that was the case for IOS as well but still hoping it could be supported somehow (ng, JS, IONIC)

so it is out of reach as today.

and, yes, I could make a suggestion to be added as a feature but that would take years if anything.

Again, thank you for the input. I appreciate it. 

Top Tags