cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

I can't publish my experience as a spacial tracking experience

znewman
1-Newbie

I can't publish my experience as a spacial tracking experience

I was successful in publishing my experience as a thingmark experience, but when I tried to make it a spacial tracking experience it doesn't load in my thingworx view library on my iphone.

Message was edited by: Sushant Pandey moving to Studio space for better visibility.

5 REPLIES 5
tmccombie
21-Topaz I
(To:znewman)

Hi Zarek. Have you added your Experience Service URL to your ThingWorx View app? This is required to have your published ST experiences show within your library. You can do this within the ThingWorx View app settings. Please also confirm that you are using an iOS 11 device with an A9 chip or higher.

Hi Tara,

I have added my experience service by scanning the URL and by adding it manually. Either way my published spacial tracking experience does not appear in my library. My phone is an iPhone 5s with iOS 11.1.2. It doesn't have an A9 chip but is able to handle the thingmark experiences. I tried it also with a friends phone who has the newest Samsung but it didn't show in his library either.

tmccombie
21-Topaz I
(To:znewman)

Hi Zarek. Spatial tracking projects are only supported on iOS devices running iOS 11 with an A9 or higher chip. Your iPhone does not meet these requirements. The iPhone 6s is the oldest model that supports this functionality.

Tara perhaps the instruction page should be updated because I do not see on this page: PTC

where it says spatial tracking example is only for IOS devices. I just spent an hour trying to get the thing to work. An admonition about only running on IOS would have saved me some valuable time. Or did I just miss the IOS statement somewhere?

mwassmann
5-Regular Member
(To:jreid1)

John,

this is due to Apple Requirements for the ARkit tracking and is not directly a requirement coming from TWX View.

The Help answers that.

https://help.thingworx.io/studio/#page/ThingWorx_Studio_Help_Center%2FWidgetSpatialTarget.html

Martin

Top Tags