cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Image target in Vuforia Studio

Swapnil_More
14-Alexandrite

Image target in Vuforia Studio

Hi,

I want to add IMAGE Target in Vuforia Studio. Can anyone tell me how to add image target?

Ex. If I scan 2D Drawing/Image it have to show us same 3D model. 

Regards,
Swapnil More
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:Swapnil_More)

@Swapnil_More You can checkout our help center page for details and steps to use Image Target.

-Durgesh

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:Swapnil_More)

@Swapnil_More You can checkout our help center page for details and steps to use Image Target.

-Durgesh

Maybe I'm doing something wrong,  The preview looks good, but when published, Vuforia View doesn't recognize the image.

Any response to this?

Hi @JL_18346 ,

I am not sure if I understand the problem correctly, but I have the impression that you want to identify the experience project via the image target. If yes - the answer is that this is currently in Studio not possible.

We could use a link or QR code (what you can create when you share a project) or  thingmark to start a project in the Vuforia View -  to find and load the experience from the URL. When your experience project is loaded in the mobile vuforia view app - it loads the default view / or possibly after some navigate operations a view is then  loaded (e.g. Home view).  And then if the view contains an image target you can scan the image …

Thanks for your reply, but what is the point of the image target then?

Hi @JL_18346 ,

yes I agree that that could be improved. But I only could give information about the current situation.

Because you can open a project via link, QR code or via thingmark... but it could be also a project what is offline downloaded to the library and then you can scan a picture  to give the position of your project- it could be some picture in a book or ... so that it may be is more then native search as scanning a thingmark.

But yes it will better if we can scan via image/picture target the project. The problem is so far I know, that the image is locally deployed with the project and will be not scanned by GXI and ES service to find  the experience  project. So model and image targets are avalible when you start a particular view where they are defined.

But the image target is quite new functionality... and we do not know how it will change soon.

But the image target are available in the Vuforia engine. So there you can create for example a Vuforia Engine project in unity 3d which use different target so that behind each target it will start an action. But this is different product.

I think there is some option and planned to check it a little deeper when there is a time ( Robot Happy) – following idea:

Create a Unit3d project with Vuforia AR camera and having different image targets (here info )

) and to create a mobile application which will start for each target after a button click a particular Studio project (where in the default view we use the same picture as image target)

But as mention I have no idea if this will work ... so will check soon

Top Tags