cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Link the application with PTC cloud and create dashboard

derby45
2-Guest

Link the application with PTC cloud and create dashboard

I have already made an application which reads temperature sensor data through raspberry pi,  but I need to clear my doubts mentioned below to send the data to PTC cloud design the dashboard:

- Link my application with thingerworks studio to develop process which reads the data form my application and send it to PTC cloud

- Use the sensor cloud to create the dashboard by using data from the cloud

- Create the message alerts which help to give the notification my application if temperature sensor range will be above or less than certain range Please suggest what best way should I use to link my application PTC and thingerwork process ?

3 REPLIES 3
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:derby45)

@derby45 You should create your ThingWorx entities on the ThingWorx instance associated with your Studio account. For every Studio instance provisioned it has a default ThingWorx instance. In case, of Studio Trial the ThingWorx URL is something like - https://xxxxx.studio-trial.thingworx.io:8443/Thingworx/ .

The Studio instance is setup so that when you build & develop your entities on associated ThingWorx instance it will directly appear once right permission/access has been granted inside Studio. This helps in rapid development of AR experience using real time data from ThingWorx platform.

Since, you already have an application which can read sensor data. You can add code to connect and send data from the application to the ThingWorx instance using REST call or using ThingWorx Edge SDK ( Java, C, etc).

Once the data is available on ThingWorx you can build custom mashup and alert directly on ThingWorx to show required data & notifications.

Do check out community for any specific query or issue and let us know in case of any assistance.

-Durgesh

Hey @dupatel

Do you have any examples source which is already using this kind of platform?

Actually communicating one application with another is new for me but I will try to create as per your suggestion .

dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:derby45)

@derby45 We do have sample code like SteamSensor, etc. available with every Edge SDK installer which can be downloaded & reviewed by changing it to your need & logic.

For Rest call, you can refer other community post or our existing knowledge article along with details present in Help Center.

-Durgesh

Top Tags