cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Making the Image Target border smaller

WesN
8-Gravel

Making the Image Target border smaller

When scanning in the image target (and even after the scan), there's a green border that surrounds the object. I was just wondering if it's possible to change that color and/or make that border smaller/larger/translucent/not present, etc.

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @WesN ,

so far I know there is no functionality to do this. Looking on the properties:

2019-09-06_14-00-18.jpg

The only 'candidate' could be the picture it self. But when we print the properties we can see a little more:

2019-09-06_14-02-10.jpg

We  can see some additonal properties , which hopeful we can set by script. There is the place holder image property. You can try to replace it  by other image to see if this could have some effect.  If this work , still we need to keep in mind that is not supported .

Otherwise I do not have other idea.

Thanks, I see. Guess we'd have to kind of hack at it then. Do you think it's also possible to change the color of the outline?

Hi @WesN,

Unfortunately currently there is no option to change the color of the outline.

You can only change the value of the tracking idicator.  e.g. 

This below will change in javaScript the default value -> which is true to false

$scope.setWidgetProp('imageTarget-1', 'trackingIdicator',false)

The effect is that when the Vuforia View app  read the imageTarget it will not display the tracking process. When ready you will see the green  border. When true /default is set ->  it will show the tracking process on drawing of this outline.

Top Tags