cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Model Item initial position with sequence

MaximeDid
8-Gravel

Model Item initial position with sequence

Hello, 

I have encountered a little problem:

I have created in creo some sequences of my 3D model. I put this model on vuforia studio and decided to create model item of some of the mooving part, except than in some sequences where these model item parts shouldn't start at they initial position in the creo sequence, they start at their initial position in the sequence in vuforia studio, and when it's their turn to move, they go back to where they should ( where they should in the creo sequence i created) and then they move.

Thank you for your futur reponses, if i'm not clear enough, feel free to ask me to clarify.

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @MaximeDid ,

so far I understood your question, I want to suggest that you can set the sequence / with particular step as initial position of all modelItems and then request the x,y,z,rx,ry,rz and scale propertie of the specific modelItem/s . Then  save the values of the properties  as parameters or Json object.

Then later when you move a component, you can try to set back its properties via the ModelItem Widget properties:

$scope.view.wdg['modelItem-1']['x']=0.1;
// or
$scope.view.wdg['modelItem-1'].y=0.14;

It is  also possible with the method :

var x=0.1
var y=0.14
var z=-0.1
$timeout(function() {  
      tml3dRenderer.setTranslation('model-1-/0/1/3',x,y,z);
       },500)

var rx=0
var ry=90
var rz=-30
$timeout(function() {  
      tml3dRenderer.setRotation('model-1-/0/1/3',rx,ry,rz);
       },500)

This method does not require a modelItem explicit definition - it requires only the selection string -> contains the model widget name and the  ModelItem widget occurrence path

Hi @RolandRaytchev 

I'm not sur i understood what you said, all i want is for the model items to follow the sequence as they should, and start where they should when i select the sequence, i don't want to manually move them.

And i don't really know how to set the sequence with a particular step as initial position, and i don't really want that because not all the sequences starts with the same location of the model items ( in a nutshell i want to disassemble my machine in the first sequence, and reassemble it in the second sequence.)

Hi @MaximeDid ,

thanks for the replay, but now I  do not have idea what is your problem .

So seem that the sequence is not working as expected? 

Or is it  an issue caused by the defintion of ModelItem widgets? So after definition of ModelItem widget the sequence is not working  - the components will not moved according to the step definition... something like this? or In generaly the sequence is not working?

Hi @RolandRaytchev ,

If i don't define a model item, my sequence works fine, but when i define some model items, they don't start where i want them to start in the sequence, they start in the initial position when the machine is assembled.

Hi @MaximeDid ,

the problem here is that the sequence could override the modelitems (it could override their position ).

In this case if you want to set the position of some components via modelItem definition in this case your need to unset the sequence property of the model Widget to ''/empty string. At least you can test it to see if this is causing the problem in your case

If you need a both – then one possible option is to split the assembly to 2 different models -so you  can remove the components what should be defined as modelItems and load only these few components/ models as second model widget

Top Tags