cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Please add ability to rotate spatial targets and ability to move and rotate area targets in editor

ClayHelberg
17-Peridot

Please add ability to rotate spatial targets and ability to move and rotate area targets in editor

I have frequently found that I need to use more than one target type in the process of developing experiences, either to compare tracking stability, or to cover parallel use cases (e.g. develop similar experience for either on-site use [area target] or "virtual" use [spatial target]).

Currently, it can be tricky to swap out target types in an existing experience, because of the lack of ability to control placement of the target in some instances. It would be very helpful to be able to translate and rotate spatial and area target widgets for cases like this.

For example, suppose I want to develop an area target experience, but I know I won't be able to scan the area for another week. Ideally I should be able to develop the rest of the experience during that week, and then add the area target when it's available. However, if I do this, when I place the area target I can't control its location or orientation, so the rest of my widgets are almost guaranteed to be placed incorrectly and have to be moved. It's not an insurmountable problem to move everything else around to position it relative to the area target, but it would be much easier to be able to move the area target around to match up with the existing content instead.

Similarly, when placing a spatial target into existing content (as you might, for example, when duplicating an experience with a different type of target to make a fully portable version), it's a limitation to not be able to rotate the spatial target widget in the editor to give the desired location of the other items when the experience is viewed. I think this is the impetus behind some recent threads on the board about using JS to rotate the spatial target--in some cases rotating the target 90 degrees is much easier than repositioning all the other content.

1 REPLY 1

Hi @ClayHelberg , I believe there is meant the Vuforia Studio (Editor /UI) and  the Editor does note mean   the Vuforia Editor / part of Vuforia Capture and Instruct products- Right? I need to check this with R&D team - so thanks for the shared points - I think the  described points is an approach which is not usual. So that CSYS is that first what will attach the project on the environment . Then all dimensions are based on this attached point - which is the Roots coordinate system and therefore the concept of movement of this CSYS without moving ( freeze them) of all of   its children   (actually all 3d widget) is an concept which possibly was not considered by the dev team. So I need to check this more detail if there is an approach what could be used in this case, Thanks

Top Tags