cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Problem with Model Targets

Kasper2
4-Participant

Problem with Model Targets

Hi,

I have a pvz file with an assembly sequence that I want to display in an AR experience.

(I have uploaded 4 pictures)

When I upload the file it automatically uploads the extracted pvi-file and I am allowed to play the sequence without any problems. 

However... as I am using Model Targeting i need to position my model correctly for my mobile / AR headset to detect it. When I upload my pvz file the model displays the emergency stop as a complete assembly - which makes it impossible for me to use model targeting (as it can only detect the model if all the cables are assembled). 

My question is: How can I upload a pvz file that only includes the model without cables, so it can be used for model targeting and also include the pvi sequence file.

I have tried a bunch of things, like creating a pvz file without the cables, but then I cannot connect the pvi file to model. I have tried hiding / isolating the pvz file without the cables and then uploading the pvz file - still no luck. I have tried to make the cables transparent in Illustrate among other things, but everything it shows the complete model. 

I believe it has something to do with me wanting to show how to assembly parts, whereas most AR sequences disassembly parts making the model targeting no problem?  

Does anybody know what to do?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jmikesell
15-Moonstone
(To:Kasper2)

I think i have faced a similar problem. What i ended up doing was adding a second pvz which was just the models I wanted to target off of, so in your case just the estop button w/o wires. Then a second pvz that has all your animations sequences in it, etc. Place these models to that they are at the same ordinate system. Drag the model target onto the model you want to use for targeting. Then you can set your detection position just using this models features. Finally turn off visibility of the model you are only using for tracking, and change the opacity to 0 if you don't want to see it in Studio while working.

Everything else you do in Studio will be against the second pvz that has all your sequences in it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jmikesell
15-Moonstone
(To:Kasper2)

I think i have faced a similar problem. What i ended up doing was adding a second pvz which was just the models I wanted to target off of, so in your case just the estop button w/o wires. Then a second pvz that has all your animations sequences in it, etc. Place these models to that they are at the same ordinate system. Drag the model target onto the model you want to use for targeting. Then you can set your detection position just using this models features. Finally turn off visibility of the model you are only using for tracking, and change the opacity to 0 if you don't want to see it in Studio while working.

Everything else you do in Studio will be against the second pvz that has all your sequences in it.

Kasper2
4-Participant
(To:jmikesell)

Thanks, that works. 

Top Tags