cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Re: Changing Button on the basis of selection in select view

manojpandey
12-Amethyst

Re: Changing Button on the basis of selection in select view

I have just one more question. I would be glad if you can help.

I have been trying to place a button at the bottom of 2D canvas and it is invisible till the time no selection is made. Now let's say I have selected 'suspension assembly' in the drop down menu so now I want that button to become visible and when pressed should be able to load 'Suspension_Exploded_Low.pvz'.

And when I select another option such as 'Arm assembly' in the drop down menu and the button is clicked it should load 'Arm_Assembly_Exploded_Low.pvz'. Also the 'Suspension_Exploded_Low.pvz' file should hide as soon as I click 'Arm Assembly'.

And thanks once again for the previous reply.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @manojpandey ,

I checked the attached project - and it is simple and clear what it should do.

But I could not understand the problem. Let explain:

When you select one option in the drop down menu (select widget “select-1”) it will select a specific model and will  make  e.g. some 3d elements visible or invisible depending on the slection.

So on the same way you can make the 2d button visible or invisible in the switch construct of the $scope.checkSequence function.

But what is for me not quite clear  :

"And when I select another option such as 'Arm assembly' in the drop down menu and the button is clicked it should load 'Arm_Assembly_Exploded_Low.pvz'."

- so I could understand that  you want to display the button when a selection is done and you want to assignee for each selection a different functionality for the button depending on the selection of the list

But what means “the function when the  button is clicked it should load... “ I think the loading of the model is already done by the binding of the select widget ["select-1"][" value"] to the model widget ["common"]["src"].

Or did you want to remove this binding and then set the model source via the button.

What is here the desired action? Could you explain , please.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @manojpandey ,

I checked the attached project - and it is simple and clear what it should do.

But I could not understand the problem. Let explain:

When you select one option in the drop down menu (select widget “select-1”) it will select a specific model and will  make  e.g. some 3d elements visible or invisible depending on the slection.

So on the same way you can make the 2d button visible or invisible in the switch construct of the $scope.checkSequence function.

But what is for me not quite clear  :

"And when I select another option such as 'Arm assembly' in the drop down menu and the button is clicked it should load 'Arm_Assembly_Exploded_Low.pvz'."

- so I could understand that  you want to display the button when a selection is done and you want to assignee for each selection a different functionality for the button depending on the selection of the list

But what means “the function when the  button is clicked it should load... “ I think the loading of the model is already done by the binding of the select widget ["select-1"][" value"] to the model widget ["common"]["src"].

Or did you want to remove this binding and then set the model source via the button.

What is here the desired action? Could you explain , please.

Top Tags