cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Restore published projects after Hard Disk breakdown

Ahmed94
8-Gravel

Restore published projects after Hard Disk breakdown

Hello everyone,

After my Harddisk was broken i started Vuforia Studio from another PC but i don't find my saved and published projects.

Is there a way to restore the projects?!

Greetings,

Ahmed

5 REPLIES 5
sdidier
17-Peridot
(To:Ahmed94)

Hello Ahmed,

Projects are saved locally in this folder %USERPROFILE%\Documents\VuforiaStudio\Projects.

In Vuforia Studio when publishing a Project , only some folders are copied into Vuforia Experience Service into this folder : C:\ptc\studio-es-store\projects.

But it is possible to copy this Experience and to paste it into local folder of Vuforia Studio to retrieve the Project.

All Projects not published and without any backup are lost.

More details in this article :

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS326325

Best regards,

Samuel

Thank you Samuel for the reply!

I couldn't find this folder C:\ptc\studio-es-store\projects

I'm working now from a new PC  bacause my Hard disk (where the projects where saved) was completely broke down.

Is there maybe another way to get to the published projects?!

Greetings,

Ahmed

sdidier
17-Peridot

Hello Ahmed,

The folder C:\ptc\studio-es-store\projects is available in Vuforia Experience Service on the server, not locally in Vuforia Studio.

All data not published or without backup is lost.

Best regards,

Samuel

Hi Samuel,

I didn't configure an Experience Server because I’m using Vuforia Studio Trial Version.

How can i do it as i have the trial version ?

Greetings,

Ahmed

sdidier
17-Peridot

Hello Ahmed,

Please send me a private message with URL of Vuforia Experience Service trial and your PTC account.

I will contact R&D who are hosting these trial instances and I will ask if an export is possible.

Best regards,
Samuel

Top Tags