cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotate Spatial Target (?)

Garnet

Rotate Spatial Target (?)

Hello,

I designed an experience with 218 widgets, and was using a Thingmark. Then I switched to a spatial target. Unfortunately, when you open the experience, you are suddenly viewing it from the left side instead of the front. There isn't an option to rotate the spatial target, or change its position vertically.

Since the spatial target defines both the initial perspective and the position relative to ground level, I think the ability to rotate and move in the vertical axis should be possible. I know some other requested features are complex, but I think this would be a fairly quick programming fix for the PTC development team. I'd love to see it in the next version. Smiley Happy

Please share kudos, or respond if you would like to see this feature added.

Thanks!

Wes

1 REPLY 1

Re: Rotate Spatial Target (?)

It's not available in the VS UI for some reason, but the properties on the Spatial Target widget are still there, so you can do what you want with a tiny bit of scripting. You could use something like this:

$scope.setRot = function(value) {
  $scope.setWidgetProp("spatialTarget-1","ry",value);
}

angular.element(document).ready(function() { $scope.setRot(90); });

Depending on how your experience is set up, you might need to tweak the code to change the angle or rotate on rx or rz instead of ry. Note that you can modify the "y" property this way as well, if you need to move the spatial target vertically relative to the rest of your scene.