cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Set the rotation center point in model target editor when create guide view

T.Nakamura
8-Gravel

Set the rotation center point in model target editor when create guide view

I request that can be set the rotation center point in model target editor when create guide view.

after Version 9.12 , Model target editor is implement the vuforia studio.

But model target editor can't set the rotation center point.

Model target editor can only rotate and parallel move that is my understand.

Probably , if model position is can be set the origin point in vuforia studio that function enough.

However , our model have datum position for car origin point . it's can't moved.

Could you implement set the rotation center point in model target editor for vuforia studio ?

I attached sample projects.

I want to set same view for model target editor in V9.16.1 as V9.11.4.

But impossible set same view I think.

This issue is extremely important thing for us.

I can't provide my users the latest version unless this issue is improved.

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @T.Nakamura ,

I could report such request but need first to be sure what is the goal there. Following points:

1,) in the target generation we do not rotate or move the model but we will rotate the view point about the center of the model and also we can move it. From standard orientation when we go to the Model Target generator we wil start with default view point -  I belive it is zoom fit and looking form [1,1,1]in direction [-1,-1,-1] If you want to know exactly what iit s th default postion you can check the eyepos,eyedir and eyeup vector in the tracking event command:

tml3dRenderer.setupTrackingEventsCommand (function(target,eyepos,eyedir,eyeup) {//print to console here the vectory 
console.warn('eyepos=',eyepos)
console.warn('eyedir=',eyedir)
console.warn('eyeup=',eyeup)
         })   

2.) currently we can rotate in the view about he screen center with the RMB(right mouse button) holding and horizontal about the screen Y and vertical about screen x . Holding the LMB(left mouse button) we can move the model in mouse direction. Zoom then with scrool button

3.) based on zoom rotation about screen x,y and movement in x,y direction we can move an rotate the model in any possible direction and have any possible rotation. So far my expirience . But this is only setting of the possition of the viewpoint and the viewvector and it is not a real rotation. 

4.) OK the rotation is  possibly not exact  and you need to have more sequential operations of move and rotation to get the desired rotations. 

So what is the goal here? Is that to have more effizient way to do this rotation more exactly - so means to calculate the new postion of the viewpoint and direction? So means you want to have a postion where you want to specify the rotation point. But possibly not only about x,y screen but some handle like model/modelItem UI in design mode where you can specify the x,y,z,rx,ry,ry, What mean that this could be more accorately approach for your intent to move and rotate the view.?

by the way I want to  mention that  in the UI we can rotate the model only about default csys. Rotation about a space point different from the standard csys is that what need to be a compbination form different movements and rotations which need to be calculated - euler tranformation.

@RolandRaytchev  Thank you for your information.

Our goal is just set the guide view more easily.

Have you try set guide view as uploaded data ?

If you can set same guide view in v9.16 as v9.11 , could you share movie that how set guide view in v9.16 ?

I mean we want to use set spin center on cad model like a creo illusrate function in model target editor.

Please see attached the movie.

Best regards,

Hi @T.Nakamura ,

I reported this issue with the  provided description and data to PTC Vuforia  R&D  Team as Jira VTS-1927. I will monitor the status of this ticket and when thre some changes or feedbacks I will report them here. Thank you! BR

Hi @RolandRaytchev 

Thank you for your report !

Top Tags