cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Studio render crashes when placing modelItems

jmikesell
15-Moonstone

Studio render crashes when placing modelItems

In 8.3.3 i have noticed that i frequently see what ;look like crash and restarts of the Studio render engine when placing ModelItems (dropping the widget onto 3D). It will create the item and then a second later 3D window will go blank and then rebuild from scratch over the course of 5-10 seconds. Beyond the interruption in work flow, after this happens selection highlighting of modelItems stops working.

Here is what i see on the console when this happens

2018-09-20 12_03_06-DevTools - localhost_3000_design_2019_Habit_L.png

2 REPLIES 2

Hi , I saw that there was not further feedback to this post, so checked it now.

I used the Studio current version 8.3.5 and a simple model with 10-15 components coming from Creo Parametric - exported to pvz file.

I did with drag and drop some modelitems but no errors. (I did it in this simple model , repeat this action many times=  

2018-10-23_15-28-52.jpg

So it seem that the issue is not simple reproducible.

1.) so one question could be if the issue is depending /specific on the model what is used (model containing some errors , or model coming directly from Creo Parametric or is published from Creo Illustrate) So therefore is the question if the issue occurs with different models.

2.) regarding to loss of the highlighting functionality.  I could remember that some time also this effect that windows is blank and need to refresh . But when I reload the browser windows then it seems to work ok. So my question, if you did in the browser an explicit reload .  Does the issue after reload of the browser windows  still exist?

2018-10-23_15-43-41.jpg

3.) If the issue is related to the version 8.3.3. In the mean time we have 8.3.5 . Do you have the issue also with this version of Studio?

I have not done any development work in the last week on 8.3.5 so I'm not sure if it's still present. I will say I think part of the problem comes from how Studio deals with modelItems with bad occurrence paths. If I update a model widget that already has modelItems with a new resource. And maybe some of those modelItem occurrence paths are no longer valid, this is when I see the most problems. typically you can not reorder items in the tree until all these paths are corrected, also I think the crashing i described above happen more often in this situation. And highlighting does not consistently work when there are bad paths.

It would be really helpful if Studio threw an error somewhere (even on the browser JS console) saying which modelItems had bad paths so you could go fix them. As it is now it's a very labor intensive process to find these bad items.

Top Tags