cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

The Vuforia Studio Free Trial is Retiring

tmccombie
21-Topaz I

The Vuforia Studio Free Trial is Retiring

Hello Vuforia Studio Community,

PTC will be retiring the Vuforia Studio Free Trial on May 15th.

Registration for the trial will remain open until April 15th; any user registered by that date will be allowed to finish their 30-day trial instance.

Thanks,

The Vuforia Team

8 REPLIES 8
TS_10205430
5-Regular Member
(To:tmccombie)

Can you please provide a link or document supporting this. 

AlexK
14-Alexandrite
(To:tmccombie)

Dear Vuforia Team,

Our trail server is down. Did you also take down the servers that the PTC partners use for demo experiences? If yes, please provide a alternative option as soon as possible, because we have customer demos which cannot be done without the demo experiences that we've created.

Best wishes,

Alex

I'm having same issue. Hope we hear some news about it.

AlexK
14-Alexandrite
(To:AlexK)

A quick update to this problem.

Not just the 30 day free trail was retired, but the whole server was shut off without considering that ptc partners where using this server for demos.

There is no official replacement server for partners, our partner rep. cannot help us with this issue. Maybe other partner reps. can.

We have set up our own ES server now, but we still have to find a way to provide our potential customers with a trail ES, that they can connect to.

I wish PTC would send an official response to these issues.

Best wishes,

Alex

Our trial environment is still up. PTC upgraded/converted our trial instance and (some) other partner instances in Q1 of 2022 (calendar year, not PTC fiscal year). Are you sure that your trial environment was listed as official partner environment?

In any case, there are VM versions available to partners. Please refer to the PTC Partner email from Wednesday July 13th, 2022.

AlexK
14-Alexandrite
(To:Martini3119)

The VM machines are apparently only available to higher tier Partners. We have our own server running now, so it's ok for the moment.

Dear Vuforia Team,

Is there any alternative plan for us to try the Vuforia Studio?

Best regards,

Bill

I reported the last  request to Vuforia PM(product management) as Jira VTS-1489. When there is an feedback I will share it here. Thanks

Top Tags