cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Thingworx Mashup to Vuforia Toggle Button

agangaiah
14-Alexandrite

Thingworx Mashup to Vuforia Toggle Button

Hi,

I am looking at ways to achieving the following :

I have a toggle button in Vuforia, which needs to be 'Clicked' from Thingworx Service.

How can this be achieved?

Avinash

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The option 2 I tried something like:

twx.app.fn.triggerStudioEvent(document.querySelector('[widget-id="toggle-1"]'), 'click');
  $scope.$applyAsync();
// or
  twx.app.fn.triggerStudioEvent(document.querySelector('[widget-id="toggle-1"]'), 'app.view["Home"].wdg["toggle-1"].svc.click');
  $scope.$applyAsync();

but it does not work, need to check more detailed why is not working...

But ... what are the benefits to have the option 2.)

Because when the change the value of the toggle widget e.g. :

$scope.setWidgetProp('toggle-1','value',!$scope.getWidgetProp('toggle-1','value'));
$scope.app.view.Home.wdg['toggle-1'].value=true;// or !$scope.app.view.Home.wdg['toggle-1'].value
$scope.$applyAsync();//to force
// or better this below
$scope.setWidgetProp('toggle-1','value',!$scope.getWidgetProp('toggle-1','value'));
 twx.app.fn.triggerStudioEvent(document.querySelector('[widget-id="toggle-1"]'), 'click');
  $scope.$applyAsync();//to force the execution

This will change the value of the toggle widget ( value = !value to change it)

And the triggerStudioEvent will call the click event and respectively if there is a callback function

If you want to involve this call from a External Data /twx value - you can bind this value e.g. to an parameter and then call the mentioned call from a $watch consturct e.g.

$scope.$watch('app.params.TWX_VALUE',  function (newValue, oldValue, scope) {
if ( newValues != undefined) {
//possibly we need to convert the string to boolean value
var boolValue = newValues.toLowerCase() == 'true' ? true : false; 
$scope.setWidgetProp('toggle-1','value',boolValue);
  $scope.$applyAsync();}
}); 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @agangaiah ,

what should be achieve here

1.)do you want that the value of the toggle will change as toggled or untoggled

2.) or you want to simulate the user click to toggle this button

For the point 1.) you need simple to link to external data a thing property value which will change 0-1   and bind it to  the widget property "value" 0 for not toggled and 1 for toggled. So you service could simple change the property in Thingworx so the Vuforia View will update the property accordingly

Hi Roland,

Yes, your point on Question 1 is clear and I tried, it works.

I am more interested in how my question 2 can be addressed.

Avinash

The option 2 I tried something like:

$scope.$applyAsync();
// or
  twx.app.fn.triggerStudioEvent(document.querySelector('[widget-id="toggle-1"]'), 'app.view["Home"].wdg["toggle-1"].svc.click');
  $scope.$applyAsync();

but it does not work, need to check more detailed why is not working...

But ... what are the benefits to have the option 2.)

Because when the change the value of the toggle widget e.g. :

$scope.app.view.Home.wdg['toggle-1'].value=true;// or !$scope.app.view.Home.wdg['toggle-1'].value
$scope.$applyAsync();//to force
// or better this below
  $scope.$applyAsync();//to force the execution

This will change the value of the toggle widget ( value = !value to change it)

And the triggerStudioEvent will call the click event and respectively if there is a callback function

If you want to involve this call from a External Data /twx value - you can bind this value e.g. to an parameter and then call the mentioned call from a $watch consturct e.g.

$scope.$watch('app.params.TWX_VALUE',  function (newValue, oldValue, scope) {
if ( newValues != undefined) {
//possibly we need to convert the string to boolean value
var boolValue = newValues.toLowerCase() == 'true' ? true : false; 
$scope.setWidgetProp('toggle-1','value',boolValue);
  $scope.$applyAsync();}
}); 

Top Tags