cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

URL Image and video no longer available?

jmikesell
15-Moonstone

URL Image and video no longer available?

Not sure when this happened but i noticed that the URL Image and URL Video widgets are gone in ThingWorx Studio 8.2.3

I'm guessing this is to support download and offline. While I really like the new download options for some of my use cases I'm also looking to deliver a lot of video in my experience and without URL videos it's not going to be possible, as in i don't want to load up my experience hundreds of MB of videos.

While i have not tried to hack a URL image back into an experience by editing the home.json file, there should be a way to have online content and deal with being offline. Dealing with offline could be as easy as showing and alternate image saying "xxx not available in downloaded experiences"

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ytella
17-Peridot
(To:jmikesell)

Hi @jmikesell,

From 8.2.0 version, studio only offers a single *Image* widget instead of Resource Image and URL Image widgets. That is, the widget palette offers only the new *Image* widget.

This Image widget Source property allows editing and typing in text. That is, you can directly type in or paste the URL as shown below in the source property:
Image.JPG

You can access the video widget in the same way. Please let us know if you have any questions or issues.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ytella
17-Peridot
(To:jmikesell)

Hi @jmikesell,

From 8.2.0 version, studio only offers a single *Image* widget instead of Resource Image and URL Image widgets. That is, the widget palette offers only the new *Image* widget.

This Image widget Source property allows editing and typing in text. That is, you can directly type in or paste the URL as shown below in the source property:
Image.JPG

You can access the video widget in the same way. Please let us know if you have any questions or issues.

Thank you!

Announcements
Top Tags