cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Unable to retrieve stored projects

AS_9797599
7-Bedrock

Unable to retrieve stored projects

Hi All,

I'm not able to view my local projects (and extensions) since I syncronyzed all my documents to Onedrive. Maybe it's caused by a different location where the folder "VuforiaStudio" is now set (C:\Users\<myusername>\OneDrive - <myorganization>\Documents\VuforiaStudio).

I found on eSupport to change the $userhome local variable but there's no variable like this on my pc.

How can i retrieve those projects? 

Thanks in advance for your support!

Alberto S.

A.S.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @AS_9797599 ,

I think on Windows the names of the variables are HOMEDRIVE and HOMEPATH e.g.:

HOMEDRIVE=C:
HOMEPATH=\Users\myUserName

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @AS_9797599 ,

I think on Windows the names of the variables are HOMEDRIVE and HOMEPATH e.g.:

HOMEDRIVE=C:
HOMEPATH=\Users\myUserName

I searched for those variables and they are not on my PC (as you can see on the images attached). I also tryed to create them as new local variables but unfortunatley on Studio still no projects are shown

This is a work around!!! as the installation does not support changing the install location

Since Vuforia Studio is looking for environment variables, like "home" and "userprofile" to find the location of were to store the Projects, Extensions and logs in, we can manipulate this with a simple batch file. Note you will need to Launch Studio from this bat file.

• Create a folder where you want the new location for example E:\MyNewLocation
  • Create the same folder structure E:\MyNewLocation\Documents\VuforiaStudio\Projects
  • copy your projects to this new location
  • Open up the "Vuforia Studio switch dir.bat" batch file with an editor and change the first line to the folder you want to store the "VuforiaStudio" folder in
  • Now you need to run Vuforia Studio via this batch instead of the normal link
  • Note we are only moving the Projects folder not the installation folder

bat file contents

set home=E:\MyNewLocation
        "%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\PTC Inc\Vuforia Studio.appref-ms"

Top Tags