cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Using Alerts from Thingworx in Vuforia Studio

MS_FLiX_HSD
7-Bedrock

Using Alerts from Thingworx in Vuforia Studio

Hey Everyone! 🙂 

I try to make a 3D-Panel visible as soon as an Alert in Thingworx occurs. 

Example: I get the Temperature from an MQTT Broker. For that temperature I set an alert on >=20°C. Now I want to show a 3D Widget as soon as the alert is released in Thingworx. For that I added the alert as an event under external data in Vuforia Studio and then binded this alert to the 3D-Panel to show it. 

Unfortunately this is not working as planned. 

Can anyone support me?

Yours sincerely,

Marius 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I know that this will be double work, but what if you bind the temp to the visible property of the panel with a filter.

return value > 20 ? true:false;

/Per 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Article - "How to call ThingWorx service in Vuforia Studio using JavaScript": https://www.ptc.com/ru/support/article/cs299517 

Hey Vladimir,

thank you for that information. I am wondering if there is no other solution. For example for properties you can use the service getPropertyValues, bind on of the properties inside to a text and get data pictured.

In my case, I want to make a panel visible as soon as the alert event is released from Thingworx. I hope to find a solution with easily binding the event of a service to the show function or the visibility of the panel. 

Hello,

I know that this will be double work, but what if you bind the temp to the visible property of the panel with a filter.

return value > 20 ? true:false;

/Per 

Thank you! This is working 🙂

Top Tags