cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Using spatial target for ceiling object placement

qools
4-Participant

Using spatial target for ceiling object placement

Hi,

Wish to check if there is any way to set the spatial target to be usable for objects which are meant to be placed  ceiling wise eg ceiling fan,aircon,lights.

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @qools ,

I checked on 2 mobile devices IOS IPad 6 gen and Android Galaxy 9+ and it seems to accept only horizontal (or nearly horizontal)   surfaces . Using ceiling surfaces / the cover surface of the room but also it was not possible to use the vertical surfaces ( e.g. the wall surface) So actually only nearly horizontal surface could be used so far I observed in my tests.

I will ask the PTC dev team if there are some options for the usage of ceiling surface with spacial targets  or if something is planed to be implemented  in the next time

Hi @qools ,

as mentioned in my previous post asked PTC R&D and received the following feedback:

"2 options.

1. place ceiling items relative to floor. use floor as the spatial target
  2. use area target"

So believe that the option 2.) means in Vuforia Studio :Image Target  but under certain circumstances you can also try to use the options Thingmark target and model target .

I think the R&D ticket , which I opened for this issue , is still active and when there are further feedbacks I will update this topic accordingly 

Top Tags