cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Using texture with FBX/OBJ

JMJ
6-Contributor
6-Contributor

Using texture with FBX/OBJ

Hello Community,

I have been working sometime with Vuforia Studio to make textures working with FBX /OBJ files (textures are in jpeg/png format) to have little bit more realistic models in experience. I have been observing following interesting behavior:

- With OBJ: You need to zip obj + mtl + textures as same name as the obj file. For example Car_Model.obj -> Car_Model.zip and textures will show. But drawback at least with my obj files is that is 1 single item (no possibility for model items to make explode or changing colors etc)

- With FBX: You need to zip the fbx + textures as same name as the fbx BUT you can't have any any CAPS in fbx file or zip file. For example Car_Model.fbx - > Car_Model.zip won't bring the texture. But if you rename car_model.fbx -> car_model.zip, textures will show. And the model items are working.

Just want to share and ask has anyone else seeing same behavior. 

Best regards,

Juho-Matti

1 REPLY 1
sdidier
17-Peridot
(To:JMJ)

Hello Juho-Matti,

To be honest, I don't use .fbx files in Vuforia Studio because I have all tools to use pvz files.

It is a good feedback and it is very fair to share that with community.

Best regards,

Samuel

Top Tags