cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Vuforia Studio Question

Jamal8548
11-Garnet

Vuforia Studio Question

Hello Community,

I have a question regarding vuforia Studio so we have used vuforia studio to make a checklist with around 7 pages(POP UPs- ) as you can see in the attached picture. We are using it on IPADS. This is one of the page(POP-UP) and as you can see that there are so many widgets (checboxes, textfields, Gridlayout (rows and columns )). Its working completely fine in preview but just for DEVELOPMENT PURPOSES its so SLOW!  its working extremely slow like if i select one widget then i need to wait 6 seconds so that my selection works and i can add/remove widgets and for me its very inconvienent. Anyone has an idea about it that is it a good idea to create checklist in vuforia studio? I have created one which is working fine now but now for creating second one i am already so tired and i cannot wait so long between just selection of widgets and write classes OR if i want to add new widget or remove it. Please give me your insights? what are your ideas behind?

Questions

1) Is there any way that vuforia studio works better and fast?

2) which platform do you suggest to make checklist if not vuforia studio? like sharepoint etc

Jamal8548_0-1712921437526.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

When you mean ,with  "how to make this fast?"- , how to change your widget structure in the large list of widgit in the popups , regarding to the requirement of the second project - so far I do not see any suppoted way to do this .

Currently the only supported way to change the widgits structure /accoridng Vuforia R&D team is to use the Vuforia Studio UI. All other changes may lead to project corruption

possibly ,Not supported way is to write some parser which could read and change the structure. The Vuforia STuido implments h such parser to read and understand the View.json file but this is not availble as extra tool, so far I know.

-also to make some automatic changes your need to define some rules which should be clear before you try to implement some automatic mechanism. 

- What you can do -  and possibly that what you meant with comment... because commenting will be ignorred  ->  possibl you could try to change the  Home.json /in src folder when the project is not open (first backup required) and remove the popup complete part , instead of comment. Then load in studio and later after your changed  the remaining part you can add this back . 

"name": "twx-overlay-container",
                          "children": [
                            {
                              "name": "twx-container-content",
                                {
                                  "attributes": {
                                    "twx-widget": "",
                                    "widget-id": "popup-1",
                                    "widget-name": "popup-1",
                                    "is-widget-container": "true"
                                  },
                                  "name": "twx-popup",
                                    {
                              "text": "close",
                                                                    "class": "button-assertive"
                                                                  },
                                                                  "name": "twx-button",
                                                                    {
                                                                        "eventbind-id": "eb-1710932893481",
                                                                        "source-type": "widget",
                                                                        "source-label": "Button",
                                                                        "source-name": "button-1",
                                                                        "source-event": "click",
                                                                        "handler-type": "ui",
                                                                        "handler-name": "popup-1",
                                                                        "handler-service": "hidepopup",
                                                                        "handler-path": "app.view[\"Home\"].wdg[\"popup-1\"].svc.hidepopup"
                                                                      },
                                                                      "name": "twx-eventbind"
                                                                    }
                                                                  ]
                                                                }
                                                              ]
                                                            }
                                                          ]
                                                        }
                                                      ]
                                                    }
                                                  ]
                                                }
                                              ]
                                            }
                                          ]
                                        }
                                      ]
                                    }
                                  ]
                                }
                              ]

What I meant if you have a tool/editor which understand the json synax you can find the popup structure and remove them from the Home.js then open the view. The popup if there are not any mistake should be displayed without the popup and all childern widgets

but the quesiton is if this will be helpful

If this is not that what you need , possibly you can report a Technial Support issue for Vuforia Studio  where PTC can investigate your issue more detailed.

Thanks , BR 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Jamal8548 ,

seems that this issue is related to post  which  possibly is already answered.

- In case that you will not show any agumentations in your project  and the data is not related to any spatial anchor (to which you need to select some csys reference - thingmark  or other targets for the tracking) then possibly Vuforia Studio is not the best option in your use case.

- you can make it faster only if you simplify the data what you pass to to Vuforia Stuido /View e..g in the External data section.. So you can reduce the data only to the data which is required to be displayed in some gauges etc.

-try to use  a get method /service  call   from Thingworx data - as single value instead of some automatic data update of whole tables / e.g.  refresh e.g. every second all data could lead to  definitely to performance issues.

Hi @RolandRaytchev , Here the issue is not about external data. Issue is that in one view i have 7 popups and each popup contains so many widgets in it and thats why if i want to add/remove a widget it takes long time for me to do it. around 5 or 8 seconds. I have commented out the code in Home.json file but when i start the app the code comes back again in json that means i cannot comment the widgets so that it can works fast and i do comment all other popups only the one on which i am working would be uncommented but i dont think so its possible?

Hi @Jamal8548 , 

- when your design is slow in preview as you mentionened then  possibly it will not really make sense to test it on Mobile in View because  definitely it will have much slower performance . (with the asymption that that you do not use some very old Laptop for dev where you have a chrome performance issue). In the normal case the Vuforia Stuido projects  called in chrome , preview mode are very fast comparing to the performance in the mobile mode.

- did you check  your post:  https://community.ptc.com/t5/Vuforia-Studio/how-to-comment-widgets-in-Vuforia-Studio/m-p/943544#M12383 

so there I pointed  where to change the widget data in case that you want to do this manually (form the support side stronglly not supported and this may lead to project corruption when you have some errors in the syntax. Therefore please, create backup first and then try to change. And as mentioned , please try to  change the json files in the correct folder location (src ,not in dist folder)

-so far I know comments are not really supported in the Studio json format. No sure - but this seems to be general issue : How to add comments in JSON data| Multiple ways to write JSON Comments (w3schools.io)

Hi @RolandRaytchev 

Thank you for more info! but Let me clear you one thing first, My project is working completely fine in preview. There is no performance issue but thing is now for the same project which i have created i got a new customer and he also wants checklist and for him i just need to add/remove few widgets which i am doing in CHROME as i opened my vuforia studio and the project is open in chrome. and here i have an issue that it takes time for me to add/remove widgets. So this project is running in production and everything is fine but for second PROJECT who also have same structure but 30% of checklist is changed and there i have an issue.

MORE INFO:

I have only two views HOME and STARTSUP. In HOME i have 7 popups which have view of IPAD and in each popup i have so many widgets. now please let me know how to make this thing fast? so that i can develop the new checklist fast. With fast i mean i would be able to add/remove widgets fast and it does not take time.

Why i wanted to comment the code of widgets because i thought if i comment the popup 2 till popup7 then may be i ll be able to add remove widgets fast in popup 1 and i will do the same process for every popup. so that i can able to develop the solution fast.

When you mean ,with  "how to make this fast?"- , how to change your widget structure in the large list of widgit in the popups , regarding to the requirement of the second project - so far I do not see any suppoted way to do this .

Currently the only supported way to change the widgits structure /accoridng Vuforia R&D team is to use the Vuforia Studio UI. All other changes may lead to project corruption

possibly ,Not supported way is to write some parser which could read and change the structure. The Vuforia STuido implments h such parser to read and understand the View.json file but this is not availble as extra tool, so far I know.

-also to make some automatic changes your need to define some rules which should be clear before you try to implement some automatic mechanism. 

- What you can do -  and possibly that what you meant with comment... because commenting will be ignorred  ->  possibl you could try to change the  Home.json /in src folder when the project is not open (first backup required) and remove the popup complete part , instead of comment. Then load in studio and later after your changed  the remaining part you can add this back . 

"name": "twx-overlay-container",
                            {
                                {
                                    "twx-widget": "",
                                    "widget-id": "popup-1",
                                    "widget-name": "popup-1",
                                    "is-widget-container": "true"
                                  },
                                  "name": "twx-popup",
                                    {
                              "text": "close",
                                                                    "class": "button-assertive"
                                                                  },
                                                                  "name": "twx-button",
                                                                    {
                                                                        "eventbind-id": "eb-1710932893481",
                                                                        "source-type": "widget",
                                                                        "source-label": "Button",
                                                                        "source-name": "button-1",
                                                                        "source-event": "click",
                                                                        "handler-type": "ui",
                                                                        "handler-name": "popup-1",
                                                                        "handler-service": "hidepopup",
                                                                        "handler-path": "app.view[\"Home\"].wdg[\"popup-1\"].svc.hidepopup"
                                                                      },
                                                                      "name": "twx-eventbind"
                                                                    }
                                                                  ]
                                                                }
                                                              ]
                                                            }
                                                          ]
                                                        }
                                                      ]
                                                    }
                                                  ]
                                                }
                                              ]
                                            }
                                          ]
                                        }
                                      ]
                                    }
                                  ]
                                }
                              ]

What I meant if you have a tool/editor which understand the json synax you can find the popup structure and remove them from the Home.js then open the view. The popup if there are not any mistake should be displayed without the popup and all childern widgets

but the quesiton is if this will be helpful

If this is not that what you need , possibly you can report a Technial Support issue for Vuforia Studio  where PTC can investigate your issue more detailed.

Thanks , BR 

Top Tags