cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

issue with Resource file uploading

Ushin
7-Bedrock

issue with Resource file uploading

Hey there,

am Trying to upload CATPart and CATProduct but there are many parts which won;t appear on the Canvas and their scale appears to be zero and even if i change the scale it automatically comes to zero.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Ushin ,

so far, I see you data is coming form Catia /reiht?

When we import some data what is not pvz the Vuforia Studio will convert the data to pvz  to the upload folder of your project  - example:  ..\VuforiaStudio\Projects\<projectName>\src\phone\resources\Uploaded

So the question is when you upload this file is there a pvz file created. Could you open this file with the Creo View or in Illustrate and what is the display.

so I do not have much experience with Catia but I think in Creo parametric we can face the same problem when we do not have all dependent models in the selected folder or in the folder specified by the current path. Because in the Cad application you will be able often to open an assembly where the different  components are  coming from PLM or on some setting which are known only for the CAD application (e.g. in Creo the search_path in the config.pro ... etc)

Therefore, we cannot be sure if in a folder the data is complete with dependencies. In Creo I could export the data via backup functionality to a folder. Unfortunately I have No Idea what is the corresponding feature in Catia

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ytella
17-Peridot
(To:Ushin)

Hi @Ushin,

Could you please share the studio log file and if possible the CAD file to track the issue.

Thank you!

Ushin
7-Bedrock
(To:ytella)

thank you for replying but unfortunately I can't provide the CAD file.
I can share the log file so can you please let me know where to find the
log file.

Thank You

Hi @Ushin ,

so far, I see you data is coming form Catia /reiht?

When we import some data what is not pvz the Vuforia Studio will convert the data to pvz  to the upload folder of your project  - example:  ..\VuforiaStudio\Projects\<projectName>\src\phone\resources\Uploaded

So the question is when you upload this file is there a pvz file created. Could you open this file with the Creo View or in Illustrate and what is the display.

so I do not have much experience with Catia but I think in Creo parametric we can face the same problem when we do not have all dependent models in the selected folder or in the folder specified by the current path. Because in the Cad application you will be able often to open an assembly where the different  components are  coming from PLM or on some setting which are known only for the CAD application (e.g. in Creo the search_path in the config.pro ... etc)

Therefore, we cannot be sure if in a folder the data is complete with dependencies. In Creo I could export the data via backup functionality to a folder. Unfortunately I have No Idea what is the corresponding feature in Catia

may be, you can export to step and then import the step file

I think pvz is not available for export in Catia.

Another options: In Creo is possible to import Catia models via ATB Bus /heterogenous model support and export then complete assembly to pvz

Top Tags