cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

object is changing its coordinates in thing mark experience

KN_9715426
1-Newbie

object is changing its coordinates in thing mark experience

I'm trying to place a object at exact location based on my coordinates given in Vuforia studio using a thing mark experience but i have noticed whenever i restart the holo lens (generation 1) experience and look at the thing mark it changing it's coordinates dynamically or right away not major change in coordinates but there is difference after restarting the experience also the 3D-object is moving slightly when user changes his/her position or viewing in different perspectives, we tried checking and unchecking, tracked option and stationary options but it didn't affected that much. We measured the real physical object and given the coordinates in Vuforia studio according to that. Can we achieve a precise location of the 3D-object  and also 3D-object doesn't move using thing mark ? . Is something we are doing wrong please let us know  

1 REPLY 1

Hi @KN_9715426 ,

currently I have only HL 2 , but in the past I had a HL1 and I am not aware about such issue in older releases .

In some cases ( e.g. if lighting conditions) the thingmark could be shifted in the space - so it will not overlap the correct postion with the printed thingmark) . The position of all 3D widgets is fixed to the position of the thingmark and this should be always constant. But when there is a shift in the Thingmark position - in this case we will have also a shift of the displayed 3D widgets (e.g. model geometry)

One possible reason could be the size of the thingmark.  If the thingmark is printed wrapped (different x and y scale) then this  could cause possible problems.

The thingmark has the "Marker Width" property

2020-12-17_10-49-43.jpg

In the picture we have a value of 0.05.  To have an intended display scale of 1 - you print requires that the thingmark has the width of 5 cm , 50mm. and should be printed with the same scale in x and y direction.

If the issue still persist , could you please , provide more  information about how the issue occurs - e.g. picture or demo project so we can check the issue more detailed.

Top Tags