cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Can a custom property that creates a Change Notice be set to read-only?

CZ_9645217
14-Alexandrite

Can a custom property that creates a Change Notice be set to read-only?

Dear Community,

I have customized a Change Notice type and created a custom attribute in this type, this attribute is a drop down box to select the value, in addition I have created a template for change notice based on this type, in the template I have set the value of this attribute, in this case when the user creates a change notification, select the template, the value of this attribute will be brought over, but the user can still select other values

When user creates a change notice, can it be set to read-only by the function of OOTB, or do I have to write a customized Validator?  Because we don't want to give the user a choice, just follow the values of the template. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Chason

4 REPLIES 4
Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:CZ_9645217)

can you try to set, in order complexity :

visibility from type and attribute manger

visibility using a profile

OIR ,

Fede
CZ_9645217
14-Alexandrite
(To:Fadel)

Hi @Fadel ,

thanks for your quick reply, I tried to set Change Notice Attribute visibility to read only, but when I create change notice, there is no value display, like blow:

CZ_9645217_0-1695891014387.png

CZ_9645217_1-1695891050350.png

Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:CZ_9645217)

you are right ,both type and  profile visibility produce the unassigned

I will test OIR later and let you know .

Fede
CZ_9645217
14-Alexandrite
(To:Fadel)

Hi @Fadel ,

Sorry to bother you, did you test with OIR? Or we'll have to customize it to make it happen. Thanks.

BR,

Chason

Top Tags