cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to add uploadContent / Attachment to column of custom MVC Table

AKC
5-Regular Member
5-Regular Member

How to add uploadContent / Attachment to column of custom MVC Table

Version: Windchill 12.0

Use Case:

I have custom MVC table with some pre-defined columns. 

I want to add one more column which is uploadContent i.e, it swould be similar to add attachment so that user should able to browse particular file and add it to this table column

Description:

Hello Community,

I have custom MVC table with some pre-defined columns. 

I want to add one more column which is uploadContent i.e, it swould be similar to add attachment so that user should able to browse particular file and add it to this table column

4 REPLIES 4

Hello @AKC

Thank you for your question. 
Your question appears to be well documented, however I'd like to recommend to bring more details and context to your initial inquiry. 

It also helps to have screenshot(s) to better understand what you are trying to do in your process. 

This will increase your chances to receive meaningful help from other Community members. 

Thanks & Regards,
Vivek N
Community Moderation Team.

AKC
5-Regular Member
5-Regular Member
(To:vnamboodheri)

Thanks for the reply Vivek. I agree with your points. Below  is the detailed requirement. 

I have a custom wizard in which I have implemented a custom MVC table with columns like below

AKC_0-1718363703703.png

Here, in this table, I want to include new column which is uploadContent so that for each record user should browse and attach a document 

Regards,

Krishna

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:AKC)

Hi @AKC 

Try to analyze following dataUtility

com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.attachments.dataUtilities.ContentDataUtility

This utility is used in uploading multiple wtDocuments so it can help you I guess

PetrH

Hello @AKC

It looks like you have a response from a community member. If it helped you solve your question please mark the reply as the Accepted Solution. 

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Community Moderation Team.

Top Tags