cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How to make one attribute have its values driven by another attribute on the object's Create Wizard

Nandha
5-Regular Member

How to make one attribute have its values driven by another attribute on the object's Create Wizard

I followed the instructions in the below-mentioned article but I'm unable to get work on this

Article Number: CS144852

Article - CS144852 - How to make one attribute have its values driven by another attribute on the object's Create Wizard in Windchill PDMLink (ptc.com)

This requirement can be met via the cascading attribute, but we need this functionality through customization.

I also refer one community post.

Solved: Re: Adding javascript validation using DataUtiliti... - PTC Community

The java script & data utility is not working.

Kindly help us on this requirement for Windchill 12.0 & 12.1

5 REPLIES 5
Nandha
5-Regular Member
(To:Nandha)

For Windchill Version; 12.0, 12.1

joe_morton
17-Peridot

What are you trying to accomplish?

joe_morton
17-Peridot

No, I mean your business purpose. I understand you're trying to use the info in that article, but there may be other ways to accomplish the business purpose, if you share the business objective. 

Nandha
5-Regular Member
(To:joe_morton)

Our client has 3 to 4   Attributes based upon the given values; other attributes should filter and show the value (While creating the objects) This can be achieved through cascading, but we need to go for customization.

If you have any other ways to achieve this, please let us know. 

Top Tags