cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

How to restrict auto numbering for WT Part

SS_10923513
5-Regular Member

How to restrict auto numbering for WT Part

Version: Windchill 11.2

Use Case: Restricting auto numbering for part creation in windchill rest api.

Description:

Im trying to create a WT part file using rest api.I'm able to create that without providing number property in the request .The part file is created with number generated from windchill. But when I try to provide a value for the property number in the request ,it throws validation error.Can you help me with creating a part file with any number provided in the request.

Error message for reference:

{
    "error": {
        "code"null,
        "message""The value for Number cannot be changed."
    }
}
3 REPLIES 3

What does your OIR look like?

If you’re using OOTB number algorithm that’s the problem.

You need a custom number algorithm for what you are trying to do, which is unique.

Based your post it sounds like you want if a number is supplied use it, but if a number is not supplied auto generate it.

Is that about right?

+ @SS_10923513  REST is just a different way to make the same operations as on the UI, if the auto numbering is set, the field will be grayed out and marked as generated, but you can make different configurations with OIRs

olivierlp
Community Manager
(To:SS_10923513)

Hi @SS_10923513

Did you get a chance to consider what @d_graham is suggesting? please let us know... 

Olivier
Announcements

Top Tags